Wanted Gamecube Component Cable

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Will18, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Will18

Will18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone have one of these cables lying around? I know they are hard to come by.

Thanks

Price and currency: £-

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I didnt realise these were so rare and expensive ! I might have one, but cant remember if it was the official Ninty one or not. If it wasnt apparently its just normal composite. I may have got it when I imported my Orange GC from Japan. I will check when I get home tonight.
    I take it your GC has the digital AV output?

If i do have it, I will be looking for £110 inc del, unless your near Canary Wharf or Sidcup which seems £50 less than other outlets.

A few noteworthy things about the GC and component cable:

• You will need an older GameCube console equipped with a digital A/V output port (model DOL-001) - Nintendo took this port AWAY for models released after DOL-001.
      • Although PAL editions of the DOL-001 hardware were produced, the games themselves only support PAL (576i) or PAL60 (480i). This means you need NTSC games to see the actual differences.
    • You might want to see if the games you own even support progressive scan - check this list here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_GameCube_games_...

• You need to activate the progressive scan mode for the first time by holding the "B" button when you power up the console. After enabling it you should not have to do this again. Most games will indicate upon start up that progressive scan mode is enabled, or will actually have "YES" or "NO" to select progressive scan.

3. Will18

Will18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the informative reply with regards to games and ports,

Yeah, I also had no idea until late last week of how rare they were, silly Nintendo for not producing a lot of them, its not vital I have one just more of a 'would like' to have one and seeing as they have been on eBay for an average buy it now price of £100-£120 and bidding wars not exceeding £100 I am only really looking to spend around £80 for one.

Thanks

4. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Ill check tonight, I had a clear out of old cables the other week and dont remember seeing it, but it might be with the Cube. (hopes he didnt throw it out) If you could get to Canary wharf ill do it for £80.

5. Bazry

Bazry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Would it not just be cheaper to buy a Wii (if you don't have one) and a component cable for it?

6. Will18

Will18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That sounds great if you still have the cable, I work in Old Street so could pop down after work one day with the £80.

Bazry, I'm a purist, it would be cheaper to pick up an old Wii but mheh, I like to play games on there native console :p

7. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Ill let you know tonight if I find it and can arrange meeting up. :thumbsup:

8. Will18

Will18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thats great, drop me a private message and we can work something out :smashin:

9. justageezer

justageezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    If Mr LightYear doesn't have any luck finding his lead I've got a boxed one I'm willing to part with - I also have two Monster GameCube cables should you be interested:
    GCGL300 SV-10 (10' S-Video / Stereo)
    GLS250 (6' S-Video / Composite / Stereo)
    (I used the monster leads as you'll still need a 'standard' cable alongside the component for the audio output). I could probably part with these for less than the $149 someone's asking on amazon.com!

10. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Found it, and the official Nintendo one. Will send you a PM to sort out a meet up.