Gamecube cable question...

F

Family Guy

I have a billy bog standard UK Pal Gamecube. I also have a Pioneer 433 MXE Plasma and, hopefully soon, my Iscan HD will arrive.
My question is...will this or this work with my 'cube...? I know to get audio I have to connect the cable that came in the box also, but will I get anything from either of these...? I could connect either direct to the plasma (It has component & DVI inputs) or via the Iscan HD (Which has component input and DVI passthrough...}

I'm just not sure whether or not my 'cube will ouput out through either of these cables... :confused:

I can't say for certain, because i don't know, but i think that the first of the 2 links you posted is the cable that will work(the component one) as it says in the Product Features box - Works with GameCubes worldwide (check if you have a Digital A/V Output port) whereas the DVi cable does not say that

The digital video cable won't work as it's a proprietry Japanese format rather than DVI.

The component cable should work fine.

You do need to check that you have the digital output on the back of your 'Cube though as I think they removed it from the recent PAL versions.

Nice new avatar too. :)

Thanks for the input guys...I do have the digital av out. Think I'll go for the component then - to be on the safe side.

I think the Digital output is actually YCbCr digital component which is rare.......the component cable also uses the digital out and requires another AV cable for sudio, standard freebie cable will do the job.............

I had an idea the component would work and the DVI wouldn't as I'd read some of the feedback on the Lik San site. Seems some people in the States couldn't get the component to output anything...as a matter if interest, dose anybody how 'cube games are stored on the disc...what format or res...?

hornydragon said:
no idea but i dont think there is a format like you get with DVD as it is processed for output by an IBM Gecko processor and ATi graphics Chipset
That's exactly what I thought...then I thought if that was the case, why can't you play inported games on a Pal 'cube without modifying it somehow...normally with software.

I've never tried it, but surely with PC games, if you buy from the States, you can play these games on any PC without any modification at all...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom