1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube bargains at Dixons

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by dmjohnson123, Jan 11, 2004.

1. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just thought I'd let you know I popped into my local high street Dixons store yesterday (Harrogate) and they appeared to be clearing their remaining Gamecube stock.

I bought Resident Evil for £9.95 (there were a handful of other gamecube games, most at £19.99, on the shelves mixed with PS2 and xbox).

I then found a "bargain bin" near the checkouts where I picked up the last wavebird wireless controller for £22.49 - result !

They had more nintendo "wired" controllers, some nintendo memory cards(59 & 251) and other bits and pieces in the bargain bins. Hardly at giveaway prices but appeared to have about a 3rd off usual Dixons prices.

2. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    When i went in yesterday (Derby) they had Resi for £4.98, memory card 59s for the same, Harry Potter & Chamber of Secrets for £6 etc: weren't much other selection tho:

Dixons are also doing Gcubes with Super Smash Bros Melee for £44.99:

http://www.dixons.co.uk/

Look under Cube accessories: u won't find anything listed in hardware (perversely)

regards,
    anephric

3. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149

fool of a Took: as was pointed out by someone far less excitable, that deal's just for the game and a controller.

curse my excitable little digits!

regards,
    anephric