Gamecube AV Connections Help!

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Big Jim, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My campaign has worked and I am getting a Gamecube for my birthday from the wife when a mate goes to Japan in March. :D :p :D

I have no probs on where to get it chipped etc. BUT I have an old 50hz panny TV which will not display NTSC.

so I need some options. Help!

What is the Digital video cable? I don't suppose it is anything useful like RGBHV or DVI?

Is there a Component to RGB converter yet? I know John Sim was working on one, is there an eta?

Anyone doing an RGB mod yet?

If all else fails can anyone reccomend a decent (and cheap) NTSC to PAL box or VGA box?

2. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly why wait for your friend to get it, import it now. www.lik-sang.com is where i got mine from cheaply.

2nd for your inputs try:

Below is the product description. It costs £30 and knowing li-sand iwll be good quality.

Connect your GameCube or N64 console to a VGA monitor for a much brighter display
    Auto switching between TV game or PC connection (GC and N64 can be connected at the same time)
    Outputs: Speaker, VGA, AV Multi Out
    Inputs: VGA, AV Multi, Sound card
    For NTSC GameCube and N64 only

if you do import a console you need it chipped (mine came pre chipped from lik sang). When your ready to buy games use USA site www/cduniverse.com. fast and cheap

3. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with the comments about Lik-Sang. Alternatively, try http://www.goblindirect.com/ who are excellent for US/Jap games or pre-chipped consoles. They tend to be cheaper than Lik-Sang as delivery is cheaper and you don't get stung by customs.