1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameCube and Loewe Aconda - 60Hz Mode:

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bugfinder, May 27, 2002.

1. bugfinder

bugfinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have connected them with the Nintendo RGB scart cable but when I select this mode it doesn't seem to kick in.

I think this has something to do with the TV's internal prog scan.

Any ideas anyone???

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Strange :confused:. Are you using AV2 or AV3 on the Aconda?

Also, make sure you have the colour system setting for the particular AV Socket set to Auto.

3. bugfinder

bugfinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Groundy, how are you mate?

I'm connecting through AV2 set to RGB. My DVD player is connected to AV3. Will this make any difference?

I have not come across the colour system settings so I'll have another look tonight. Are they in the 'connections' part of the menu?

I know the TV kicks in to NTSC automatically if I put on a Region 1 disc but the cube is outputting PAL at 60hz isn't it?

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bugfinder:

AV2 or AV3 will make no difference. You're best to have the DVD player on Av3 anyway.

Try checking the AV Standard settings for AV2. Go to:

Menu---->
    Settings---->
    AV Settings---->
    Manual Adjustment of AV Standard.

I don't think this should make any difference, but try setting it to Auto, then try PAL, then try NTSC. See if you can activate 60hz in any of these modes.

Also, I assume you know that only certain games have a 60hz option? Rogue Leader does and I think MonkeyBall does but the likes of Luigi and Waverace are 50hz optimised. I can't say for sure because I have an import GC. If you have Rogue Leader, go to the 60hz option in the Game Settings Screen instead of trying to activate by holding B upon startup.

:)

5. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have only 1 game that allows 60hz "Rougue Leader". I have my settings on "Auto". When the game boots up I get a message to the effect "Do I want to play the game in 60hz". BTW I have it connected via the original cable to AV3. As has already been suggested you can always manually adjust the setting i.e. "Settings/Av Connections/Manual Adjustment of AV-Standard/AV3/60hz". If the picture does no go all funny(black and white and shakey) its working.

6. bugfinder

bugfinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, last night I tried the 60 Hz mode again just by selecting it from the game options and it worked. (Didn't alter anything on the TV side)

I can't say I noticed too much difference in the gameplay, though I did notice that in PAN the screen was bigger, cutting off some of the on screen displays (radar etc).

There were also a couple of moire patches to the left and right, so I ended up reverting back to 50Hz.

Cheers guys.

7. Digitalspirit

Digitalspirit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Loewe Vitros 6381 ZW and when running games from my Xbox (connected to AVS via S Video) using the PAL60 mode I also notice moire patches to the left and right of the screen (not evident in 50Hz).

As the TV supports the PAL60 feature and the games are notable faster using it one would certainly want to make use of it and expect no blemishes. The moire patches certainly aren't acceptable to my mind so I have emailed the Loewe helpline and am awaiting a response, apart from this niggle the TV is top drawer and certainly a step up from the flagging Sony FQ75 I replaced it with!

8. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've also noticed moire patches on my Aconda. I would describe them as thin horizontal bands at the extreme left and right of the screen, perhaps about 2 or 3" in length. I've also noticed them on 16:9 DVD viewing and Cine/Zoom modes on normal TV viewing. I have an engineer calling on Thursday to replace my VGA board because there's something up with it. I will be showing him the moire patches and asking his advice. I'm hoping a slight de-focus of the tube will cure the problem. At the end of the day, I'm prepared to live with it though as the Loewe surpasses every other TV I've come across in all other ways.