Gamecube 251 Memory Slot Card

GavTNewbie

Ordered this from amazon.co.uk the other day, and got an email this morning saying that the price has been reduced to £14.46.

After the delivery charge, this should cost about £16...

Has anyone else been able to get one of these cheaper?

M

Mac

Be aware the damm thing hates getting hot! To save to it I have to take it out and blow on it then the Gamecube can save to it. Gets rather annoying!

snake II

Novice Member
what colour is the new 251 memory card, last time i saw a pic of it on the net it was black is this true?, but when i go on uk sites they sometimes say no picture included will show later, or they just show a white one, i just want the 251 card to match my black cube

D

D39

I don't know that this is necessarily the way it's going to be over here but my US 251 card is black and it does suit my black cube quite well :)

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
I assume they are black so they dont get confused for normal memory cards..:) I wasn;t aware of the heating issue..

D

D39

Originally posted by museumsteve
I wasn;t aware of the heating issue..

Me neither. Mine has been good as gold except for when I copied my Rogue Leader file over to it and then the first time I played, it loaded up fine but then later moaned that the card wasn't formatted. After resetting, it's been no problem for months.

Heating up doesn't sound normal at all...

M0T

Mine has also never had any problems, are you sure you don't have a faulty copy?

zoolap

It would be nice if you could somhow connect the cards to a pc and backup the saves to disk/cd.

What about the SD card adapter? Is it available/reliable? Can you transfer the saves off there?

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom