Gameboy Advance e-card reader

T

Taz

Hi All

Just thought I'd drop a post in about the great new gadget Mrs Taz got for her GBA a couple of weeks ago. It's the e-card reader, some of you may have heard of it?

Basically it's a device that fits onto the GBA, and you can scan in NES games from special cards (around £8 each game)!, and play Game & Watch games you can also scan in add-ons to Gamecube games, again from special cards. For instance, for the game Animal Crossing, you scan in the card, and it gives you exclusive passwords and so on.... connect the GBA to the GC with the scanned card and you can also visit an island in the game that is not available otherwise!

The unit costs around £45 and comes with Donkey Kong Jr NES game on e-card, Animal Crossing e-card, Manhole Game & Watch on e-card and 3 Pokemon e-cards that show Pokemon stats on the GBA and if you scan all 3 in, gives you a little mini game.

A great device that has lots of potential. I've seen them on eBay and also from Goblin Games web site.

Taz. :cool:

Sounds pretty cool.

I've become addicted to Tetris again for some reason. :confused:

Give us a call if you come down my way anytime.:)

The E-card should be a big part of Nintendo's up and coming strategy but its nice to see that small mini-games will be dirt cheap and thus available to anyone. I still might get Animal Crossing on the GameCube... I know I'll probably be laughed at by a few gamers but it looks like fun, much like Natsume's Harvest Moon ^_^

Anyway, lets hope Nintendo will release some more games than just ports for the E-Card reader since £45 is a fair bit of cash.

Originally posted by NeoBlade
I still might get Animal Crossing on the GameCube... I know I'll probably be laughed at by a few gamers

We have animal crossing sat under the TV but as it runs in real time, we want to get some spare real time to play it!

Taz.:cool:

Hehe, don't forget to check out Harvest Moon on the GameCube... I think its an exclusive but don't quote me on that. You should try out the game on the PSX ^_^ Great fun

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom