Game Unclaimed Consoles?

Matt_

Standard Member
When is the best time to go into GAME and find out if they have any unclaimed consoles from people who have pre-ordered but haven't picked up. And what's the likelihood of getting a console?

addyb

Distinguished Member
When is the best time to go into GAME and find out if they have any unclaimed consoles from people who have pre-ordered but haven't picked up. And what's the likelihood of getting a console?
I think the shutoff point is 8-9pm tonight, but dont quote me on that!
If anyone is after one from game then i suggest you get there first thing in the morning and see what the crack is!

It might not be this way

But some GAMES will have had more pre-orders than there initial batch of Wii's surely any spares would be offered to the next in the list?

dapex

Novice Member
my local game has 2 lists, they took pre-orders and when they stopped taking pre-orders they took peoples details, these people will be given first refusal on any unclaimed wii's

arcam007

Novice Member
I missed out on an unwanted pre-ordered Wii by two mins, I walked in as the lady was paying for it. That was cruel.:(

Moogle

Novice Member
The GAME store on Oxford street here in London was selling unclaimed preordered Wii's, games and accessories earlier today around 7.00pm. I know several people who purchased Wii's from them then.

pashek

Novice Member
Is this an official thing, letting the uncollected preorders be sold? I never realised this happened. Do the people know this will happen? This being the case, I may try my luck tomorrow.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Is this an official thing, letting the uncollected preorders be sold? I never realised this happened. Do the people know this will happen? This being the case, I may try my luck tomorrow.
By all accounts it seems to be GAMES policy with the wii pre orders! Anyone still looking id advise them to get up early doors tomorrow and try there local branch! You never know!

arcam007

Novice Member
By all accounts it seems to be GAMES policy with the wii pre orders! Anyone still looking id advise them to get up early doors tomorrow and try there local branch! You never know!
Probably all gone if they were giving them out yesterday. I know I just missed one and they mentioned nothing about anymore. Just said to keep trying later in the week incase somemore got delivered. It looks like it was luck of the draw today. I was so close.:rolleyes:

Moogle

Novice Member
They do this to put as much money through the tills as possible. The main reason however is that the longer they hold on to these consoles the longer their system shows them in stock and therefore the longer individual stores get restock. So they sell all unclaimed inventory after a certain period so as to get more stock delivered.

As a result they get to put even more money through the tills. In other words it's there way of getting as many units of hardware, software and accessories to the stores as possible. The individual store managers have an ulterior motive too. The more they sell the better they look in the eyes of their district and regional managers.

Moogle

Novice Member
It's not just their policy with Wii pre orders but with any major product release/launch.

Hkem

Novice Member
Hello, I work for game. The policy on pre-orders is that the deposit guarantees the console up until noon on Sunday. Phone your local store and see if there will be any left, because they have an incentive running and need to sell all of them before monday in order to qualify. Also, we recieved Wiimotes in sotck yesterday out of the blue.

gamingboy

Game in Basildon, Essex had free stock to sell yesterday. This was the first chance I got to post.

It was the big bundles. It was just under £400 with six games or something. I got this info from a buddy who was looking to buy, didn't go in store myself. So if this is of use to someone it'll be best to check.

They wouldn't sell a console on it's own. Same as with 360.

Regards. :)

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Just went to my local Game - they had 6 left (3 were being picked up on Monday and they had other people waiting to be contacted for the other 3). they said that they got 120 in total! Sadly he wouldn't sell one to me as there were still a lot of people waiting on the pre-order list and I really can't see them not having them.

arcam007

Novice Member
I've managed to get one from GAME.:clap:

It was a close call, we were the last in the queue to get a Wii. It made up for just missing out yesterday.:smashin:

PioRow

I got to my local game at 11am, first in the queue. No luck, no wii's what so ever.

Where is the best palce to get one in the next week?