Game suggestion for the missus please

DanTheManc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I bought an xbox360 slim a couple of months back. I've not really been into gaming for the last 10 years or so.

I spend all my time on COD and Forza but the Missus also likes a bit of gaming so I need some suggestions for her.

She like games which have a story where you have to find objects/clues and solve things. She doesn't like games which involve lots of shooting or complicated jumping about. She has just completed L.A Noire which she really enjoyed. She just bought Alan Wake but says she doesn't like it because there is to much shooting.

She has just bought Red Dead Redemption but hasn't tried it yet. Can anybody suggest some games, new or old which you think would suit her?

Mirrors Edge
Game can be completed without firing a gun and can be had for a fiver or less and an excellent game.

I'm surprised about Alan Wake as I dont recall that being much of a shooter and was more to do with Dark & Light and using a torch or flare as a weapon.

Red Dead is an awesome game but its got alot of shooting in it and hookers :laugh:

Thanks for the suggestion. We've just watch a video trailer of mirrors edge on YouTube and it's a woman getting shot at by a helicopter whilst jumping onto lots of ledges and buildings.

Is that what the game involves because she doesn't want a game with complicated jumping avoiding getting shot.

Any of the CSI ones you can pick them up cheap.

Thanks for the suggestion. We've just watch a video trailer of mirrors edge on YouTube and it's a woman getting shot at by a helicopter whilst jumping onto lots of ledges and buildings.

Is that what the game involves because she doesn't want a game with complicated jumping avoiding getting shot.

That is the game and it does look complicated but after a few minutes it does click and its a great game. Its kinda crossed with a shooter and free running game with maybe a few puzzles.

Another suggestion would be Portal or Portal 2

Other games I would suggest is maybe Assassins Creed ?

CSI looks line a good call thanks. I'll check out portal. Assassins Creed would be to difficult for her I think.

Keep them coming :)

That is the game and it does look complicated but after a few minutes it does click and its a great game. Its kinda crossed with a shooter and free running game with maybe a few puzzles.

Another suggestion would be Portal or Portal 2

Other games I would suggest is maybe Assassins Creed ?
I second Portal and Portal 2, they're great games and enjoyed by most people.

Theres plenty of shooting in red dead, but how can i explain, it aint the same intensity as COD games,

dont let her become a casual aimer on multipayer, the pleasures of using dead eye on normal or expert aim cant be explained

Campaign and multiplayer are brill

There are very few games (if any) like LA Noire to be fair.
But if she likes the detective vibe then maybe she could try Arkham Asylum. Granted, its not a detective game in the traditional sense, but theres no shooting in it and it makes you use your head a lot.
Or if shes more about the storyline in games then maybe something like Mass Effect.
Possibly even Deus Ex, as there is shooting but you dont have to play it like that if you dont want.

Rayman origins?

What about the Lego games, me and the gf love playing them together when we get the chance. I'll second portal 2 as that was a joy to play together as well.

There's a load of XBLA titles out there too she might enjoy; Splosion Man, Limbo, Trials HD, Super Meat Boy, Bastion.... The list goes on and on, too many to list :)

Thanks Carter. I'llget her to check them out.

Are the Lego games not kids games though?

DanTheManc said:
Thanks Carter. I'llget her to check them out.

Are the Lego games not kids games though?

Technically yes, but the humour in them is still good fun an they're very light hearted

Tropico 3(only retail game my wife has on her 360) or 4?

Zuma on XBLA is also worth a trial as my missus loves that.

I'd suggest going through the XBLA catalogue as you can download free trials and you're bound to find sommat.

DanTheManc said:
I'm download Lego Harry potter as I type this :)

Can get this on ipad/iPhone too if you're hooked on it. I was, excellent game IMHO :)

Bubble bobble!
Puzzle bobble.
Bejewelled? Although controls are awful.

ozzzy189 said:
Bubble bobble!
Puzzle bobble.
Bejewelled? Although controls are awful.

No she's not into Bejewelled types of games. More finding objects and solving clues to solve a mystery.

Is the game Alone in the dark any good?

No idea. But most lasses I know liked bubble bobble tbh. Still, things are a bit different now!

Try Beyond Good And Evil on the marketplace, it's a remould of the old game but they've improved the graphics. There's bits of shooting, beat 'em up etc but worth a look.

taffster5 said:
Try Beyond Good And Evil on the marketplace, it's a remould of the old game but they've improved the graphics. There's bits of shooting, beat 'em up etc but worth a look.

But totally unplayable for some due to ridiculous camera controls. Myself included.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom