Game shops price matching online store?

lou_m

Standard Member
Does anyone know if Game will match their online prices in store? Looking at getting GRAW2 but there is a £10 difference, plus i could maybe trade in a game also?
Cheers.

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
Mine wouldn't when R6V came out, but they did price match against the woolworths 2 doors away who were selling it for £27.99.

That way I could use my Game card and spend the reward points built up from buying the PS3 and some old xbox/psp trade ins:smashin:

kingsize

Does anyone know if Game will match their online prices in store? Looking at getting GRAW2 but there is a £10 difference, plus i could maybe trade in a game also?
Cheers.

No they wont price match the online game site.

I used to trade my games in with GAME, but felt gipped as I could generally get the game for £12 - £15 cheaper from SHOPTO which sort of negated the benefit of a trade in at GAME.

So now I just buy from SHOPTO and trade in on a GAME card - you get the same price as if you were trading in against a game.

Tokoloshe Man

It's scandalous really, I was in my local branch last week and some of the prices of games in store is quite frankly ridiculous. The fact that they are much cheaper on their own website as well is baffling. The fact that there was still a long queue of people buying games from there, also baffling.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
It's scandalous really, I was in my local branch last week and some of the prices of games in store is quite frankly ridiculous. The fact that they are much cheaper on their own website as well is baffling. The fact that there was still a long queue of people buying games from there, also baffling.

I don't see why you find it baffling. Their online site has to compete with other online sites and that is why their prices are cheaper. The retail stores do not compete directly with online stores and their main competition is other bricks and mortar stores. Besides just like other online sites theirs has much lower overheads then their retail stores. Why should they price match their own web site ?

Tokoloshe Man

Call me silly but maybe to attract more customers. I'm not saying that they don't make a nice profit, they obviously do, due to the fact that people would rather for some reason go to the shop and pay £10-£15 more for a game they can get much cheaper online.

It's thanks to these people that Game can still charge what they do and not have to worry about it.

kingsize

GAME rely considerably on Mum and Dad and Auntie and Uncle purchases.

Think about it - every time you are in there, there are parents buying for younger kids, and the folks are happy to be told what they 'need'.

It's not scandalous......it's business.

lou_m

Standard Member
No they wont price match the online game site.

I used to trade my games in with GAME, but felt gipped as I could generally get the game for £12 - £15 cheaper from SHOPTO which sort of negated the benefit of a trade in at GAME.

So now I just buy from SHOPTO and trade in on a GAME card - you get the same price as if you were trading in against a game.

Good idea, i'll trade my games and get them credited onto my reward card then order online:thumbsup:

SpikeyTheFatGit

Good idea, i'll trade my games and get them credited onto my reward card then order online:thumbsup:

I thought any trade-in value goes on a seperate store-credit type card/account which you can't use online - or has it changed?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I thought any trade-in value goes on a seperate store-credit type card/account which you can't use online - or has it changed?

I'm pretty sure that is the case.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom