Game Sharing on Xbox One?

Hi all I currently game share with my daughter, we both have each other set as home xboxes. My gold runs out in a few days time, can I share my daughters if so how? Thanks

I think it just works?

As her's is set as your home console and vice versa then you are already using her Gold.
You will be able to play online, you just won't be able to take advantage of Gold Discounts and Games With Gold, as she has Gold she will have to 'Purchase' the free games as part of Games With Gold.

Post edited.

No longer look for a game sharing partner as I've found one.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hiya, not sure if it's been asked before or if it's even possible! My son and I game share already and I'm wondering if it's possible for either of us to game share with my nephew from Plymouth as well, currently my Xbox is set to my son's home Xbox and vice versa. Thanks

Hiya, not sure if it's been asked before or if it's even possible! My son and I game share already and I'm wondering if it's possible for either of us to game share with my nephew from Plymouth as well, currently my Xbox is set to my son's home Xbox and vice versa. Thanks

Can only be done between 2 gamertags I believe.

The limitation of buying digital games is having 2x licenses associated with each purchased title. One lives on the Xbox, one associated with the Xbox Live profile that bought it. That rules out having a third party involved I'm afraid.

Could have a three way but it gets messy, coordinated it could allow some gameplay between two out of the three of you guys but you'd have to duplicate purchases at some point to fully benefit all 3 at once.

Thanks peeps, I thought as much, shame as my nephew has a couple of digital games that I'd like

I presume I can't add his account to my Xbox and download Forza, COD either

Yes you can. Log on as his GT and set your machine as his home Xbox. You will get his games as well as your current game share buddy's games. But you can't really share your games back as you already do this and if and when your nephew logged on (as you) it would kick you off yours.

But then you'd lose access to the games you currently get from it being set as home with your current share.

But then you'd lose access to the games you currently get from it being set as home with your current share.

Ah right, not so good then. Don't really want to lose sharing access with my son although I'd really like a couple of my nephews games lol

Can swap home every 1/3 months - could do a temp switch.

Depends how your home setup is too, if you have all the games owned on your profile and your son has none owned you could get your nephews games, if you and your son own the games then you'd lose access to the home licensed games for the duration

No you won't [emoji41]

I just checked by loading up game A from my GSB A

And then loaded up game B from my GSB B

Both worked and I have not bought these digitally.

These 2 people have both set my Xbox as their home xboxes

So for example if we all logged on and set @Rorifett Xbox as all our homes he would have all our games.

I don't know if there is any limit at all.

Last edited:
My profile can only have one Xbox set as home.

But I have not read a limit on how many profiles can set the same Xbox as their home.....

Ah, I thought only one profile could set a particular xbox as home, makes sense not to have it like that though if people are legitimately using home to share games at home on one console

Basically all I need to do to allow my nephew to share my digital library is put my GT on his console, sign in as my GT and then set to 'HOME CONSOLE'.
He will then be able to download my digital library whilst signed into his GT, correct?
What can I do to prevent him signing into my GT and making purchases or locking me out of my account, a pass key or something perhaps?

Last edited:
Am i correct in saying that if xbox live or my internet connection is down, I won't be able to play my digital games since I've set my home console to my nephews xbox at his house.

Am i correct in saying that if xbox live or my internet connection is down, I won't be able to play my digital games since I've set my home console to my nephews xbox at his house.

True.

If Gamesharing it's always worth setting the other persons as your Home Console so if they have Digital games you can play them.

True.

If Gamesharing it's always worth setting the other persons as your Home Console so if they have Digital games you can play them.

You mean setting my xbox as home console for my nephews account, ....so I can share his digital library. That will net me the grand total of zero games lol.

I'll have to give this a bit more thought, since it kind of feels like all my digital purchases wouldn't be mine, especially if Live or the internet is down (unlikely I know ).

I have been digital for a long time and never had an issue playing them. It's much better than discs imo, but I don't trade games I like to keep them as always replay them in months/years so love being able to flick through my library and redownload.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom