Game sharing, any risk to my account ?

TylerDurden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here's the situation, wife and I are splitting up. When our daughter is at her mum's she wants to be able to play Xbox there (mostly Roblox and Minecraft) I've got a One S for her to use at her mum's and was going to set up game sharing so she can access my library, does game sharing also share gold and game pass ?
Will this allow me to play these games with my daughter when she's at her mum's without having to get another live subscription ?
Heres the problem though, I don't trust my ex's new boyfriend at all (for reasons I won't go into here). Does having an Xbox at my ex's house will game sharing active pose any risk to my account ?

So here's the situation, wife and I are splitting up. When our daughter is at her mum's she wants to be able to play Xbox there (mostly Roblox and Minecraft) I've got a One S for her to use at her mum's and was going to set up game sharing so she can access my library, does game sharing also share gold and game pass ?
Will this allow me to play these games with my daughter when she's at her mum's without having to get another live subscription ?
Heres the problem though, I don't trust my ex's new boyfriend at all (for reasons I won't go into here). Does having an Xbox at my ex's house will game sharing active pose any risk to my account ?
He could potentially deliberately act maliciously on your account (if logged in as you) and get you banned. Or make purchases on your account. Depending on how it was set up.

I think potentially if you set everything up yourself on both consoles without sharing your password password then you might be OK.

Personally for the sake of the cost of live and a couple of games, I wouldn't risk it. If malicious actions are your worry.

Unfortunately malicious actions are a concern, Ive just read that once game sharing is set up I'll be able to remove my account from daughters Xbox, I wonder if thats enough to mitigate the risk ?

Once her Xbox is set as your home console then you can remove the Account and even change your password if needed. All it needs is to be set as your home console.

And yes it shares gold and gamespass.

If you are worried then setup 2 step verification and a password on any purchases or be signed in if you keep the account on there.

After setting your account as home on her xbox, you can remove profile but keep any items on there and obviously the home xbox status.

Will be no malicious usage of your account, as there will be no trace of it on her xbox.

Change your password and enable 2FA just incase he's some cyber operations guru 😉

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom