Wing80surfer

Since I've got a PS5 I'm giving my old PS4 to my partner's grandson. It's my intention to keep my PSN account on there so he has access to PS+ benefits & the numerous games I've bought/added to library over the years.

These are the things I'm aware I need to do:
  1. Make sure my account is primary on the PS4 & password protect it
  2. Create a new PSN account for him & set this as the default load up account.
Is there anything else that I need to do? Will the above steps allow him to see & download my purchased content in his library or would he (or his father) have to log in & download from my account?

Will setting my account as primary on the PS4 have any impact on my PS5?

Cheers

Demogorgon

He or his farther would need to access your account to download any additional content you purchase.

And re the PS4/PS5 issue...no. it's fine.

Wing80surfer

He or his farther would need to access your account to download any additional content you purchase.

And re the PS4/PS5 issue...no. it's fine.
Thank you :)

Is there anything else that I would need to do/be aware of before giving it to him?

Right, so it wouldn't show in his library then. Not a problem with him them having access to my account, will just have to remember to remove any payment info after making a purchase as he's only 7.

Demogorgon

Nothing really else to be aware of. Once the game is downloaded to the PS4 he will then have access to play it on his account :)

I'd also suggest always buying cheap PSN credit to buy games.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom