Game Servers being very annoying!

Deadringers

Just sent this email to Eiren so far but thought I would open it up for you all to see...

So I was hosting the TS3 server on my account with Game servers.

I asked them to stop it ASAP so that we could open a new one on Eiren's account which would mean we get a discount on the TS3 server as he has a game server...

that went fine.

But what seems to be a problem for them is to transfer the remaining credit on my account over to Eiren's?!

it is only $10.99 not as if it is a few hundred or something.

Here is what has been said so far on the ticket...

*EDIT*

Read from the bottom up as that is the order it was sent in!

ss20111129213200.png

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Their support is normally quite helpful. Maybe it's worth asking the owner via Twitter (if you have it) or something?

PocketBunny

why dont you donate 1c to the account then get the lot refunded back to you ?

eiren

Distinguished Member
It's very silly they can't do something simple like transfer $11 across from one account to the other!

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
Most companies are loath to do this as it makes auditing a nightmare. It also opens them up to abuse from people using cloned cards. Someone opens an account, puts the money in, asks for it to be moved to another account, gets the money back on that account, then a few days later the card company takes the money back from the provider and they are left with nothing.

It is annoying, I agree, but from their perspective, they at least offer to give the credit back! In various services in this world, you'd lose the credit if you didnt spend it!...lol.

Sinzer

Our company does not do it either. You have to remember that most middle-small companies use a credit service with a banking provider. That banking provider generally gets very narky at certain procedures and so the company has to abide by that.

Refunding to different accounts, refunding purchases that were not made on credit card are generally actions that are not allowed or cause problems with your banking provider. Most middle - small size companies don't have the transaction clout to force the issue.

It may sound simple, but like Knyght_byte says there are are plenty of auditing problems involved.

Deadringers

Our company does not do it either. You have to remember that most middle-small companies use a credit service with a banking provider. That banking provider generally gets very narky at certain procedures and so the company has to abide by that.

Refunding to different accounts, refunding purchases that were not made on credit card are generally actions that are not allowed or cause problems with your banking provider. Most middle - small size companies don't have the transaction clout to force the issue.

It may sound simple, but like Knyght_byte says there are are plenty of auditing problems involved.

I'm sorry but it is simple.

They are losing no money and before when dealing with me they have happily taken things off and on my account (credit included) without question.

Razor

I'm sorry but it is simple.

They are losing no money and before when dealing with me they have happily taken things off and on my account (credit included) without question.

I can understand your frustration, its a simple request.

Personally if it was me I would close all accounts and look for a different supplier. Is this an option?

Deadringers

I can understand your frustration, its a simple request.

Personally if it was me I would close all accounts and look for a different supplier. Is this an option?

Not really mate as Eiren has all the servers with them as well and we have just ordered...
it would mean a lot of mucking around on our part.

I am trying to put a donation in for 1 dollar on my account and then hopefully they can refund to my pay pal account...

Iccz

I am trying to put a donation in for 1 dollar on my account and then hopefully they can refund to my pay pal account...

That wont work, they said it's done in chronological order, so that would still mean the other account would be first in line for refunding.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom