Game Recommendation & Bargain thread

Days Gone £7.99 at CD keys (£7.63 if you use code jingle5, although it says coupon invalid when you apply it, it still seems to take it off).

Supposedly runs great on the deck, not sure when I’ll get around to playing it though!

Immortals Fenyx Rising has dropped on Steam. Hoping that will play nice on Deck.

Edit: Not recommended it seems...

Last edited:

Latest humblebundle ... £8.14

Got shadows of war games, some lego and even gauntlet. Should all be great on steam deck. Pity I've got most of them so would be a waste getting the others

Not really a bargain but assassin creed valhalla is free to play for the next 15 hours on steam, could try it out on the deck before purchasing, its also on sale but 156GB install o_O

For fans of beat-em-ups River City Girls is good and the sequel (just released) is even better.

Vampire Survivors now has DLC 😁

Trombone champ is great. Definite recommend from me if you like the Rhythm genre. Gyro controls work a treat as well.

:laugh: That takes me back. Briefly attempted to learn the trombone at school, 40 years ago. Gave up pretty quickly as it was too heavy to carry to and from school on lesson days, back in the days we all used to walk to school

:laugh: That takes me back. Briefly attempted to learn the trombone at school, 40 years ago. Gave up pretty quickly as it was too heavy to carry to and from school on lesson days, back in the days we all used to walk to school
I think my limit was three blind mice on the recorder. I did find success later in life shredding on a plastic guitar.

Elden Ring is down to £26 on CDKeys if anyone is still wanting it.
Is Elden Ring the same kind of setup as Dark Souls, etc, or is it more interesting?

I just can't see the point in games where you can die in one hit - games are meant to be fun and enjoyable, not depressing and pain inducing! - so am not sure if I should give it a go or not :/

I’ve tried Bloodbourne and I think the first or second DS, couldn’t get on with them at all, as you say getting killed with one hit every two minutes is not fun.

This is open world, so yes you can still be killed with one hit if you take on the wrong enemy, but you can also just run past and go and take on something a bit easier.

There also seem to be a lot of respawn points and you can fast travel between them easily.

It’s pretty much all I’ve played on my deck since I bought it last Sunday, I think I’m about 15 hours in now and I’ve sufficiently levelled up that I can get around and kill most things, not easily, but also not impossible. There’s still plenty of things to avoid for now, but I’m finding I can clear most dungeons after 3 or 4 goes.

So, yes I’d recommend it, even if not a fan of the earlier games.

I’ve tried Bloodbourne and I think the first or second DS, couldn’t get on with them at all, as you say getting killed with one hit every two minutes is not fun.

This is open world, so yes you can still be killed with one hit if you take on the wrong enemy, but you can also just run past and go and take on something a bit easier.

There also seem to be a lot of respawn points and you can fast travel between them easily.

It’s pretty much all I’ve played on my deck since I bought it last Sunday, I think I’m about 15 hours in now and I’ve sufficiently levelled up that I can get around and kill most things, not easily, but also not impossible. There’s still plenty of things to avoid for now, but I’m finding I can clear most dungeons after 3 or 4 goes.

So, yes I’d recommend it, even if not a fan of the earlier games.
Thanks, much appreciated. It does sound promising and worth a go then.

I don’t mind high level enemies if you take the wrong turn - xenoblade games are good at that - I just dont like being forced to die every few minutes 🤣

It was the fact the I could never get on with the previous games that I only bought it a week ago.

I still die a lot, but it’s pretty much always because I’ve taken on something way to powerful, which you don’t always know until you’ve attacked (but so long as it doesn’t one hit you, you can still run away) or if I’ve got too cocky and thought I was better than I actually was. Or once when I was fighting a giant and doing pretty well and lost track of where I was and fell off a cliff :laugh:

It’s very satisfying though when you can go back and beat stuff you had trouble with

Guess most have already got this by now - but Epic are giving away Death Stranding as today's free game. Runs nicely on the deck once epic is up and running via heroic, etc.

Just another recommendation for Vampire Survivors - absolutely fantastic little game.

Currently playing 80 Days, been in my library for a while, hadn't played it yet due to it being text heavy. But its been no problem on the Deck and I concur with the reviews so far, the writing is excellent, providing a unique way to tell a story..

I am trying to like Boneraiser Minions, but am not enjoying it after Vampire Survivors and Brotato.

Another decent Humble Choice this month.

Doom Eternal (played to death on GamePass, but I don't mind a Steam copy for Deck), Tribes of Midgard and Encased both seem good and Olli Olli World looks like a perfect fit for the Deck.

Other games included are Grow: Song of the Evertree, Conan Chop Chop, Hokko Life, and The Serpent Rogue. Never heard of any of these, but they are all at least Mostly Positive reviews.

Best thing is that all titles are Deck Verified or Playable. Bit of a no-brainer for just over a quid each and it has embiggened my Steam-ing pile of shame again.

Another Deck specific bundle deal:

Some repeats in here, but some good games depending on preferences..

A brilliant bundle if you like point and click, no brainer for me..

Just got 120 stars and spoke with Yoshi on Super Mario 64 Render96, all on Steam Deck. A wonderful experience I would thoroughly recommend for those with fond memories of Mario 64.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom