• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Game pull all HDDVD hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexw

Standard Member
Apparently, according to a reliable source, Game UK have pulled all of their HD DVD hardware, including all XBOX360 add ons :thumbsdow

haven't found out for sure but thought i would inform you guys

FrancescoNoir

I have never even been into a Game branch that had HD-DVD discs on show. Need source or delete thread please.

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
I dont think "from an employee" is worthy of the thread, If it was a statement from the CEO then heh it maybe worth typing:thumbsdow

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
I've never seen any HD-DVD's in GAME and only ever seen 1 HD-DVD addon TBH.. :rotfl:

You might as well start a thread stating "GAME PULL ALL STOCKS OF WII's " :devil:

rooster-x

No loss, there is always Gamestation :cool:

7hil

haven't found out for sure but thought i would inform you guys

Bit premature to inform us of something that you're not sure of.

Spoonablehippo

Rubbish!

I work at GAME and this is completeley untrue! And as a company, we dont even stock HD DVD movies (as far as im aware)!

What store does your "friend" work at? You dont have to say where, just the store code? I work at store 47.

Sonic67

Banned
I've seen HD DVD and Blu-Ray for sale at a Gamestation. Nothing at Game though other than the 360 add on.

BAN5HEE

I also haven't seen a single HD-DVD being sold at game or Blu-Ray discs for that matter.

7hil

This thread needs closing surely otherwise anyone will think they can come on here and post unsubstatiated BS.

Shall I start a thread that says HMV pull all blu-ray with no evidence to back it up?

peterweg

Banned
Posting BS is acceptable. Getting annoyed about it and complaining isn't.

7hil

Posting BS is acceptable. Getting annoyed about it and complaining isn't.

People come to this forum for what is hopefully informed discussion about things such as the format war. Some may even base their purchasing decisions on what is said in this forum. If people can just post any old rubbish then the quality of the debate goes downhill as does the reputation of the forum IMHO.

Pecker

Distinguished Member
Has anyone noticed a pattern recently?

We get a new poster, sometimes with only half a dozen posts, sometimes a few dozen, generally posted elsewhere in these forums.

Then all of a sudden BANG! They either wade into the HD DVD v BD debate, all guns blazing like a seasoned veteran, or post some off-the-cuff remark which just happens to show oner format in a bad light.

I've noticed it more and more recently.

And they tend to always be supporting one particular side...

Steve W

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom