Game Pass Ultimate

I’ve not had any subscription to Gold, or used any promos so the setting up of my sons Series X will be brand new. With the first option is this still the best price offer, or is the EA stuff worth stacking?
cheers Tom

EA is "expensive", and really, only the route you'd take IF you're topping up an existing GPU sub.

Your cheapest route to GPU, is 3 years Brazil @ £30 each, and then £1 conversion.

Or if you dont want to fiddle with VPN, 3 years EU @ £40 each, and £1 conversion.

My EA Play looks to have been converted-perhaps not the full amount of the 3 years I bought but I’m now good for Ultimate until November 2023.

EA is "expensive", and really, only the route you'd take IF you're topping up an existing GPU sub.

Your cheapest route to GPU, is 3 years Brazil @ £30 each, and then £1 conversion.

Or if you dont want to fiddle with VPN, 3 years EU @ £40 each, and £1 conversion.
Cheers for that, i’ll go EU, as im finding this confusing enough as it is! 🤣🤣

does this work if already done this.
l got best part of 3 years for a quid when game pass ultimate first launched. Can I do it again ?

does this work if already done this.
l got best part of 3 years for a quid when game pass ultimate first launched. Can I do it again ?
Read my post further up, p19, which explains every Avenue.

The short answer is yes, 3 years for £100/130 ish.

Hopefully this might help folks. There's so much junk in here and online, this pretty much summarises the options for best priced GPU. I'm by no means an expert. I've just put all the garbage I've read over the last week into this summary.

Never had Xbox Live/GamePass, and Dashboard/Account offers £1 uplift then;
- Buy & stack 3 years of Xbox Live
- £90 via Brazil & VPN (CD Keys/Electronic First & Tunnelbear VPN)​
- £120 using UK/EU codes (CD Keys/Electronic First, any other digital code retailer)​
- Pay £1 via Dashboard
= 3 years of GamePass for £91/121 respectively.
Rough saving of £305 (over £10.99 RRP)

Previously used GamePass £1 upgrade, but DONT have any active (Live/GamePass) Subs
- Buy & stack 3 years of Xbox Live
- £90 via Brazil & VPN (CD Keys/Electronic First & Tunnelbear VPN)​
- £120 using UK/EU codes (CD Keys/Electronic First, any other digital code retailer)​
- Pay £10.99 for one month of GamePass via Dashboard
= 3 years of GamePass for £101/131 respectively.
Rough saving of £295 (over £10.99 RRP)
[I did this 2 days ago]

Previously used GamePass £1 upgrade, but HAVE an active (Live) Sub

- Convert Live to GamePass, probably easiest to just pay £10.99 for 1 month
- Buy EA Access Cards which convert @ 4:1 @ £17
- Stack as many as you need to get you as close to 3 years as possible. (3 years/36 months max stack)​
- 3 Years via EA Access @ £17 = 9 cards, so £153​
= 3 years of GamePass for £165 respectively.
Rough saving of £230 (over £10.99 RRP)

Previously used GamePass £1 upgrade, but HAVE an active (GamePass) Sub

- Buy EA Access Cards which convert @ 4:1 @ £17
- Stack as many as you need to get you as close to 3 years as possible. (3 years/36 months max stack)​
Big saving possible, but amount will depend on how much sub you already have.
[A friend did this today, stacking 8 EA cards to top him up to 35 months]

See this EA link for a Conversion table --> EA Play Frequently Asked Questions - Official Electronic Arts Site

CAVEAT: This is not guaranteed to work for you. The results suggested may change at any time.

Would the be correct steps bit warry in spending over £100 and getting this wrong

1. Purchase 3 x Xbox Live Gold 12 month subscriptions - EU CDKeys
2. Login to Xbox.com on browser
3. Click next to avatar logo, click ... (3 dots) and select REDEEM CODE
4. Applied the 3 codes from CDKeys making sure you don't select auto-renew
5. Go back to Xbox.com and click Avatar on top right and select my Microsoft.com account.
8. Open Xbox Live subscription in browser and purchase game pass ultimate for £10.99? Will it then ask if I want to convert my 36 months to game pass ultimate? This is the bit I am a bit confused about? Or do I need to do step 8 all on the xbox?

Would the be correct steps bit warry in spending over £100 and getting this wrong

1. Purchase 3 x Xbox Live Gold 12 month subscriptions - EU CDKeys
2. Login to Xbox.com on browser
3. Click next to avatar logo, click ... (3 dots) and select REDEEM CODE
4. Applied the 3 codes from CDKeys making sure you don't select auto-renew
5. Go back to Xbox.com and click Avatar on top right and select my Microsoft.com account.
8. Open Xbox Live subscription in browser and purchase game pass ultimate for £10.99? Will it then ask if I want to convert my 36 months to game pass ultimate? This is the bit I am a bit confused about? Or do I need to do step 8 all on the xbox?

Sounds about right. I did this all in browser...

Looks like EU codes are now £35 as opposed to £40 too which is a bonus. 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - (EU) | Xbox | CDKeys

In step 8, you get a "warning" about converting to GamePass which will convert at current ratio, just click next. Enable "automatic renewal" during conversion (and then go back in and disable recurring payments).

It is ALWAYS "at your own risk" ;)

Sounds about right. I did this all in browser...

Looks like EU codes are now £35 as opposed to £40 too which is a bonus. 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - (EU) | Xbox | CDKeys

In step 8, you get a "warning" about converting to GamePass which will convert at current ratio, just click next. Enable "automatic renewal" during conversion (and then go back in and disable recurring payments).

It is ALWAYS "at your own risk" ;)

Yea I have just noticed they have dropped to £35 wonder if they will go any lower for black friday but not sure it is worth waiting and risking it at that price

Is the current ratio 3 years gold = 3 years game pass ultimate to triple check?

Is the automatic renewal part when converting a key point in step 8 to make sure it does not mess up? Think someone told me if you click auto renew in step 4 it messes everything up.

Thanks for the help really appreciate it!!

dont do automatic renewal while putting the gold codes in other wise you wont be able to use the 3rd 12 month code

dont do automatic renewal while putting the gold codes in other wise you wont be able to use the 3rd 12 month code
After the 3 codes have all been put in and I am purchasing game pass at £10.99 if it prompts for auto renewal I select yes at that point and then disable the auto renewal for game pass ultimate?

After the 3 codes have all been put in and I am purchasing game pass at £10.99 if it prompts for auto renewal I select yes at that point and then disable the auto renewal for game pass ultimate?
Thats what I did.

As @shoestring25 said, DO NOT enable auto renewal when inputting the 3x gold codes (though worst case is youd end up with 26/27 months.)

All sorted thanks so much!!

Blows my mind that for £116 I have access to all these amazing games and new releases for 3 years.

£3.20 a month!

Bit nerve-wracking isnt it that "conversion" warning. I was in the same boat, and I'd read so much online that I was confused.

It was because of that, that I decided to write that How To, to add a bit of clarity!

I’m looking do this as well ive done the 3 years xbox live and I’m being offered ultimate game pass for a £1
do i just buy that and it’ll convert ?

Bit nerve-wracking isnt it that "conversion" warning. I was in the same boat, and I'd read so much online that I was confused.

It was because of that, that I decided to write that How To, to add a bit of clarity!

Exactly I was very nervous in messing up £100 worth of vouchers.

Appreciate you writing that guide so helpful :)

does this apply if I already subscribe to GPU?
If you already have GPU you either need to let it elapse and then do another gold top up and conversion or find another way to extend it. I believe £16 EA play codes are worth about 4 months and are currently the best value for an extension to an existing account.

Can confirm the £16 EA Play route to extend worked for me, I added 2 for 8 months GPU. This was before the 10th though but pretty sure that method is still working.

The 1-month EA Play I had and redeemed before 10 Nov that's supposed to convert to 10 days of GPU, still hasn't. It changed to converted status quickly, but since then, it has not added the conversion rate the official support page specifies. Not a big deal, but glad I didn't risk paying out for 12-month ones.

The 1-month EA Play I had and redeemed before 10 Nov that's supposed to convert to 10 days of GPU, still hasn't. It changed to converted status quickly, but since then, it has not added the conversion rate the official support page specifies. Not a big deal, but glad I didn't risk paying out for 12-month ones.
i thought they only did a conversion if you had 50 days or more of EA play left

i thought they only did a conversion if you had 50 days or more of EA play left

That's what the original support page said, but now the FAQ says different information about conversion rates:

The 1-month code didn't cost me anything anyway, so nothing lost.

Just a quick question, I have just stacked some gold as my GPU expired this week, I had a one month gamepass trail code so If I add this after I have loaded the gold will it convert to ultimate for the length of my gold being a trail code or will I still have to pay the £10,99 for one month for it convert?

Just a quick question, I have just stacked some gold as my GPU expired this week, I had a one month gamepass trail code so If I add this after I have loaded the gold will it convert to ultimate for the length of my gold being a trail code or will I still have to pay the £10,99 for one month for it convert?
I';ve no experience of this, but apparently if you enable recurring billing when applying that code, it should be ok

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom