Game Pass Ultimate

mikenw

I've not had an Xbox since the original, and I'm going to buy a series x at launch, but one question:

To get GPU the cheapest way possible, am I right in thinking, I can buy 3 * 1 year gold memberships for around £120, and then pay the £1 to upgrade and then I get 3 years of GPU for this price?

Is it that simple? If so it's cheaper for me to buy outright, and do this.

You will get 1 years ultimate once 3 years of gold is converted at 3:1 ratio.
  • 1 month Gold = 20 days Ultimate (3:2)
  • 3 months Gold = 2 months Ultimate (3:2)
  • 12 months Gold = 4 months Ultimate (3:1)

King Tones

Distinguished Member
You will get 1 years ultimate once 3 years of gold is converted at 3:1 ratio.
  • 1 month Gold = 20 days Ultimate (3:2)
  • 3 months Gold = 2 months Ultimate (3:2)
  • 12 months Gold = 4 months Ultimate (3:1)
That's after you have subscribed. The £1 Upgrade will convert all existing to 3 years of GPU

Indiana Jones

You mean to tell me you can get 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate for £121?
This upgrade offer has been running since E3 last year, surprised you haven't read about it before.

Indiana Jones

I may have done so and dismissed it as it was for new customers only and the forgotten about it lol...
The person I game share with did the upgrade last year but he only had a year of Gold at the time and didn't think about stacking it but we know better so now that it has run out its my turn to take up the offer and we should both be good until 2023.

Cha1ky

I've had ultimate trials for £1 and Gamepass for PCetc but never upgraded Gold (Not had Gold for years) will I be able to get the deal?

Indiana Jones

I've had ultimate trials for £1 and Gamepass for PCetc but never upgraded Gold (Not had Gold for years) will I be able to get the deal?
If you have used Game Pass Ultimate in any form I think you won't be able too get the offer.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
If you don't gameshare with anyone you could create a new dummy gamertag, use that as a new user to get the 3 years for a bargain price and just make your console the home console for that account. Anyone using that machine would then get the benefits of Live and Gamepass.

Cha1ky

If you don't gameshare with anyone you could create a new dummy gamertag, use that as a new user to get the 3 years for a bargain price and just make your console the home console for that account. Anyone using that machine would then get the benefits of Live and Gamepass.
I was wanting it on my account so i could use it on PC and then my son can get the benefits of it on his Series S for Xmas.

Demon Luci

Distinguished Member
Hi

I‘ve been a long term PS gamer (PS1 through 4) so was always a bit more tied to the PS brand but not so much that getting a PS5 over an XBsX was a foregone conclusion. However, I’ve been underwhelmed by both new consoles, especially the launch lineup, so for now I‘m just going to get an XBsS and see how the land lies in a couple of years. This decision has been made easier by the fact that I don’t have a 4K TV yet and I actually quite like the design of the S over the other ones.

So, sorry if it’s already been spelled out above, but what do you guys reckon is the best Gamepass Ultimate deal for a complete XB noob over 2 or 3 years? I‘ll obviously pick up the console for £250 but the All Access for £21 p/m over 2 years also seems good as it includes the console with no upfront cost.

TIA

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Hi

I‘ve been a long term PS gamer (PS1 through 4) so was always a bit more tied to the PS brand but not so much that getting a PS5 over an XBsX was a foregone conclusion. However, I’ve been underwhelmed by both new consoles, especially the launch lineup, so for now I‘m just going to get an XBsS and see how the land lies in a couple of years. This decision has been made easier by the fact that I don’t have a 4K TV yet and I actually quite like the design of the S over the other ones.

So, sorry if it’s already been spelled out above, but what do you guys reckon is the best Gamepass Ultimate deal for a complete XB noob over 2 or 3 years? I‘ll obviously pick up the console for £250 but the All Access for £21 p/m over 2 years also seems good as it includes the console with no upfront cost.

TIA
I'd definitely recommend the deal posted from HotUKDeals above. £73 for 3 years is amazing value, if you consider all the first party titles for 3 years will be included in that price as well as Xbox live gold and the free titles that adds each month, and xcloud is now live as part of that price too. Really does make the series s fantastic value proposition at £323 for a next gen console and unlimited games for 3 years.

mikenw

I'd definitely recommend the deal posted from HotUKDeals above. £73 for 3 years is amazing value, if you consider all the first party titles for 3 years will be included in that price as well as Xbox live gold and the free titles that adds each month, and xcloud is now live as part of that price too. Really does make the series s fantastic value proposition at £323 for a next gen console and unlimited games for 3 years.
I've done some reading up on this, is it true there is a risk that if you buy a code from a different region (having never had gold before), it defaults your account to this region? How do I check I'm ok? Worse case I guess is buy 1 year UK first :)

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
I've done some reading up on this, is it true there is a risk that if you buy a code from a different region (having never had gold before), it defaults your account to this region? How do I check I'm ok? Worse case I guess is buy 1 year UK first :)
I can't 100% say for sure that's the case. However in my case I brought a Brazilian code, used it on my UK account whilst living in New Zealand. I've now moved my account after 5 years to be a New Zealand based account.

So from my experience is not true but I assume mileage may vary as some people don't seem to have the luck of moving accounts with ease like I did.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published