Game on mobile store but not console store

G a f f e r

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else has come across this before.

A Wii game I used to love was Geometry Wars Galaxies, so I jumped at the chance to get it for the PS5 when I saw Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved on the PSN store via the mobile app on the iPhone.
It's a PS4 game and states it will run on the PS5, so I added it to my wishlist.
I then get home and to my surprise, it's nowhere to be found on the PS5 console's store section. Even if you search for the word "Geometry Wars" nothing is found - they don't sell it.
Click on my wishlist and nothing is there.

So I go back to my Phone and sure enough, the game is still there, available for purchase and still appearing on my wishlist.

What's going on?

If I buy on the mobile app (which is linked to my PS5 alone) will the game download onto the PS5...
OR
...by not appearing on the PS5 console's store does that mean it won't run on the PS5 despite it being described as doing so?

I'm confused :confused:.

It shows on the app and the online store for me, but I haven’t tried to console. It does however have a warning message saying the game may exhibit errors or unexpected behaviour on PS5 and some features will be absent. Maybe they’re not listing it on the PS5 store to reduce the number of complaints or people wanting refunds as they haven’t read the message.

It shows on the app and the online store for me, but I haven’t tried to console. It does however have a warning message saying the game may exhibit errors or unexpected behaviour on PS5 and some features will be absent. Maybe they’re not listing it on the PS5 store to reduce the number of complaints or people wanting refunds as they haven’t read the message.
...but that warning is a generic one for any and all PS4 games. The same warning appears on Tekken 7 but that plays fine on the PS5 so I was hoping it was the same for this one.
I think if it was on mobile but it was just a listing error on the console then it should still download and play fine to the PS5, but didn't want to take that risk for the price (if it were on sale for <£5 I would ;)).
I tried the online store and you're right, it's there as well, so I'll probably end up emailing Sony directly for a definitive answer.

...but that warning is a generic one for any and all PS4 games. The same warning appears on Tekken 7 but that plays fine on the PS5 so I was hoping it was the same for this one.
I think if it was on mobile but it was just a listing error on the console then it should still download and play fine to the PS5, but didn't want to take that risk for the price (if it were on sale for <£5 I would ;)).
I tried the online store and you're right, it's there as well, so I'll probably end up emailing Sony directly for a definitive answer.
This version? Should download & play fine based on this.

Ok that's great, thanks.

As I type this, just got a response from Sony UK too:

Hi Gaffer,

Thanks for your email.

I've checked the store and have attached a link to the store for you to purchase this game.

Geometry Wars 3™: Dimensions Evolved

This game is available to play on PS5 and as stated on the game description too.

If you have any other questions please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail.

Thanks,

The PlayStation Support Team

Just bought it and it's downloading to the PS5 now :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom