Game offer upgrade for £99.99

Algoz

Established Member
Reaction score
Game are offering an upgrade to 360S (250gb slim) for £99.99 until 23rd December. I tried to call them with questions, but very helpfully, their recorded voice states they are currently unable to transfer anyone to their call centre. (they obviously are not concerned about lack of sales!). Can anyone help me then with these questions:
1) Given that you have to take in your old 360, how do you transfer all your current content (games and saves etc)
2) Last time I used a migration cable to upgrade to a new box, none of my family members could play any of the games I had downloaded (it would only let them play as a trial). I obviously don't want to go through that pain again. Does that still happen?
Thanks guys.

1. Click the "Data Transfer Guide" link in my signature. Also, since I wrote that guide MS have added cloud storage as part of Xbox Live Gold, so you could move all of your saves to the cloud.

2. Click the "DRM & Licensing" link in my signature. Once you do a license transfer to the new console, that problem will be solved.

I assume they dont take faulty xbox 360`s as part of this offer? :(

1. Click the "Data Transfer Guide" link in my signature. Also, since I wrote that guide MS have added cloud storage as part of Xbox Live Gold, so you could move all of your saves to the cloud.

2. Click the "DRM & Licensing" link in my signature. Once you do a license transfer to the new console, that problem will be solved.

This is brilliant..thank you so much for helping me out. I'm going to take my Elite 120Gb down to Game tomorrow. They said they would do the data transfer for me, but I guess I will have to do the DRM & licensing bit myself. I'm a bit confused though by the bit about the licence transfer tool, which says you can transfer all your licenses once every twelve months. The next paragraph says the licenses will remain tied to the console originally use to download the content. So....will using the license tool give me unlimited access to all my downloaded games or not??? :confused:

Once you've transferred the licenses over to your new console, all of that content is then tied to the new console, so it's as if it was downloaded on that console originally. That means that any gamertags can access the content either online or offline, so you'll be fine.

Great! Thank you very much indeed for your help. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom