Game of Thrones Seasons 1-5 deleted/removed/unavailable from Sky

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Well annoyed that Sky have seen fit to remove seasons 1 to 5 of GOT from the planner.
On season 2 with the kids and had to fork out £65 to get the 1-6 Blu-ray boxset here so we can carry on watching it next week.

IMG_1102.jpg

Extremely frustrating when people are prepared to pay and subscribe to watch content. Sadly the rights holders are still living in the dark ages and they wonder why piracy is so rife not that I condone it.

Sadly that's the service you chose to subscribe to :D

This will always be the way with streaming service providers.
Better to run your own server/nas and control your own content.
The "cloud" is just somebody else's computer that you pay to access.

Certainly, in comparison to Sky's high prices, its cheaper to have your own server in the long run.

I downloaded series 1 to 6 a while back to my Sky Q, currently viewing series 4.

I was quite fortunate with seasons 1-5 as iTunes had an offer of £44 so watched them on Apple TV before season 6 aired.

I downloaded series 1 to 6 a while back to my Sky Q, currently viewing series 4.

That was good thinking, though do they not have expiry dates?
I noticed on some of the downloads on my Q box that they had expiry dates when I downloaded them.
I've always deleted before the date arrives so not quite sure if they auto delete once the date passes or not.

I was quite fortunate with seasons 1-5 as iTunes had an offer of £44 so watched them on Apple TV before season 6 aired.

That was good thinking, though do they not have expiry dates?
I noticed on some of the downloads on my Q box that they had expiry dates when I downloaded them.
I've always deleted before the date arrives so not quite sure if they auto delete once the date passes or not.

Yes they have expiry dates but I think they only apply to the final time to download as they are currently working OK and so did the 'Lost' box set I downloaded earlier in the year which played back fine after the expiry date.

Well annoyed that Sky have seen fit to remove seasons 1 to 5 of GOT from the planner.
On season 2 with the kids and had to fork out £65 to get the 1-6 Blu-ray boxset here so we can carry on watching it next week.
Thats cheaper than Sky. :)

But seriously, all digital content has an expiry date, on any and all platforms and they state when that is. Unfortunately, no one ever reads it.

Losing seasons 1-5 caught us out too.

I introduced my nephew to them and we were just coming to the end of season 3.

If it's any consolation the blurays have stunning PQ and if you got the most recent editions, Dolby Atmos too. Much much better than watching on SKY.

Hang on just noticed "with the kids"[emoji33] . After reading the books and watching half of season 1 i hope these are "mature" kids[emoji2] [emoji1] [emoji2]

Not quite as that would only be true if the OP only payed for Sky just to watch Game Of Thrones, otherwise it's cost an extra £65 for the Blu-ray boxset.
Oh ***...OK, If you say so. Honestly...

And they wonder why people use Kodi and Terrarium.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom