Question Game of thrones S1-7 (atmos?)

I would assume that ,but looking today in hmv
then why no mention of atmos anywhere on the box info
surely being the latest cover design it would mention it?

I would be amazed if they didn't all have Atmos as the previous box set S1-6 had Atmos on all discs (that box set also didn't say anything about Atmos on the cover either).

Does anyone have a definitive answer on that one ? i.e. someone who has bought and opened the box?

I've received it but it says DTS-HD Audio at the back, yet there is a Dolby Atmos Logo.

I'd really like to know if series 5-7 have Atmos or not. If they don't I'll return the box.

See my Post #6 and the one immediately after it.

Thanks, I've read the whole thread, but that's another boxset (Series 1-6). I'm talking about the Series 1-7 discussed in this thread. It's full Atmos in the US, but clearly not full Atmos in the UK, for whatever reason.

If all the series were Atmos in this boxset, they wouldn't say DTS-HD at the back of the box. So the question is, which of the series (if any) are in Atmos in the Series 1-7 UK boxset.

Is there anyone who has bought this specific boxset and who can confirm? I'd like a 100% confirmation of the actual content of that boxset before I crack it open.

Thanks. :)

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thanks, I already have 1-4 in Atmos (steelbooks). Buying 1-7 costs about the same as buying 5, 6 and 7 separately. The 1-6 boxset isn't an option as it leaves the most expensive (7) out. 5 and 6 cost £15 each, so not expensive at all. It would cost me £30 from Amazon to get to the same stage (1-6 with Atmos).

Anyway I guess I'll decide what to do now that I'm reasonably sure that 5-7 have Atmos whether in the 1-7 boxset or not. I might just send the 1-7 box back, get 5 and 6 for £30 (as they'll have Atmos) and rent 7 if price hasn't dropped by the time I get there. I plan to buy the UHD Bluray of 8 anyway (I already have Series 1), as I don't think they plan to release the whole series on UHD Bluray.

Thanks, I already have 1-4 in Atmos (steelbooks). Buying 1-7 costs about the same as buying 5, 6 and 7 separately. The 1-6 boxset isn't an option as it leaves the most expensive (7) out. 5 and 6 cost £15 each, so not expensive at all. It would cost me £30 from Amazon to get to the same stage (1-6 with Atmos).

Anyway I guess I'll decide what to do now that I'm reasonably sure that 5-7 have Atmos whether in the 1-7 boxset or not. I might just send the 1-7 box back, get 5 and 6 for £30 (as they'll have Atmos) and rent 7 if price hasn't dropped by the time I get there. I plan to buy the UHD Bluray of 8 anyway (I already have Series 1), as I don't think they plan to release the whole series on UHD Bluray.
5-7 definitely have Atmos.
1-4 were already out on Blu-ray (with DTS-MA) when they started adding Atmos (starting with S1 & S2 steelbooks, followed later with S3 & S4 steelbooks also with Atmos).

S5 steelbook with Atmos was released simultaneously with the standard Blu-ray release, also with Atmos. S5 had never previously been released on Blu-ray as it had only just finished airing. Hence S5 has always had Atmos. It has never been released without Atmos.
Same with S6 & S7 in the following years.

I bought the box set s1-7 from Tesco last week and every season has ATMOS.
It’s on the back of each individual seasons case within the box. You have to go in and set it to atmos as it defaults to 5.1 when the disc is put in.
Only watched season 1 and it sounds incredible
Hope this helps

I bought the box set s1-7 from Tesco last week and every season has ATMOS.
It’s on the back of each individual seasons case within the box. You have to go in and set it to atmos as it defaults to 5.1 when the disc is put in.
Only watched season 1 and it sounds incredible
Hope this helps

It would have helped earlier, but I sent the boxset back as I wasn’t sure all seasons would be in Atmos. I don’t understand why they would say DTS-HD at the back of the box if all the series have Atmos. What does the back of your boxset say?

Anyway I bought series 5 and 6 for £30 (as I already had 1-4 with Atmos), and I’ll rent series 7 if its price hasn’t dropped by the time I have to watch it. I’m hoping that series 8 will be out by then (hopefully in UHD bluray) so 7 should drop.

It would have helped earlier, but I sent the boxset back as I wasn’t sure all seasons would be in Atmos. I don’t understand why they would say DTS-HD at the back of the box if all the series have Atmos. What does the back of your boxset say?

Anyway I bought series 5 and 6 for £30 (as I already had 1-4 with Atmos), and I’ll rent series 7 if its price hasn’t dropped by the time I have to watch it. I’m hoping that series 8 will be out by then (hopefully in UHD bluray) so 7 should drop.
Back of box says DTS5.1 , ( but also has an Atmos sign below which is confusing) but every season is in Atmos. I took a gamble (but would of returned it for a refund) and was delighted they were all Atmos. Every season
Photos below show the box set back cover. And the 2nd photo is the back of season 1 (the rest are the same) which clearly shows Atmos.
When you put the discs in it has the big Atmos intro before the menus. They’ve just made an ass of the box set cover (big mistake)

Attachments

• CFAFE3E2-866C-41C8-A4E7-23373C57AF2D.jpeg
    CFAFE3E2-866C-41C8-A4E7-23373C57AF2D.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 273
  • 6B4C1D8E-AC5B-4047-90D7-4B7D76361A77.jpeg
    6B4C1D8E-AC5B-4047-90D7-4B7D76361A77.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Yes, pretty big mistake, it cost them a sale. The other reason why I returned the set was that the box had been slightly damaged in shipping. Anyway, I’m still £35 quid up :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom