Game of Thrones Bluray Audio

RogerD99

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody can clear up some confusion for me? I've acquired a Box Set of GOT Blurays and find that the audio is not what I was expecting. I'm not talking about how it sounds because it sounds fantastic but the cover of Series 1 indicates that it contains audio (English) in Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio versions. In the disk menu, the selectable options are DD 5.1 and Dolby Atmos. DD 5.1 plays as expected and Atmos on my non atmos receiver indicates DDTrueHD. No DTS MA option seems available. I've not checked any other disks in Series 1 or any of the disks in the other series but all the covers indicate the same as far as the audio is concerned. What exactly is my receiver likely to be decoding in the Atmos version? Will I be missing any tracks or will I get a correctly downmixed 5.1 at a better quality (I've only got a 6 channel audio system I'm afraid!)?

Thanks for any advice........................

If you select the Atmos track but don’t have an Atmos setup then your receiver should be decoding and outputting the TrueHD track which is still high quality lossless audio.

I believe the listing on the case of a DTS-HD MA track is an error as the discs with Atmos don’t have that as there is no need for two lossless English audio tracks.

Indy, I'm much obliged for your reply.........
Thanks

RogerD

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom