House of the Dragon (HBO Max) Season 2 (June 2024) - S3&4 TBC

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Quicklinks
Season 1 from pages 3 -12 (then S2 build up)
Season 2
Season 3 tbc

HBO is nearing a pilot commitment for a prequel series based on the “Game of Thrones” companion book “Fire & Blood,” sources have confirmed to Variety.

The book tells stories of previous Targaryen kings, like Aegon the Conqueror, the first ruler of Westeros, and Aegon the Dragonbane, all of whom are ancestors of Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) and Jon Snow (Kit Harington) who appear in the recently finished mega-hit series.

The prospective pilot hails from Martin and “Colony” co-creator and executive producer Ryan Condal, and would be set 300 years before the events of the original series, exploring the beginning of the end for House Targaryen.

HBO declined comment. Author George R. R. Martin had previously hinted via his blog that one of the prequel series would be based on the companion book.

‘Game of Thrones’ Targaryen Prequel Series in the Works at HBO

Last edited:
EIFaIwZUEAAVyVk

I wonder how this will pan out. Long way off yet of course, but I wonder for loyal fans if any damage has been done.

I wonder how this will pan out. Long way off yet of course, but I wonder for loyal fans if any damage has been done.
There are so many ways in which they can mess this up, i'd be suprised if it gets anywhere near the quality of Seasons 1-6 of GoT.

There are so many ways in which they can mess this up, i'd be suprised if it gets anywhere near the quality of Seasons 1-6 of GoT.

There's bob hope of that. I was just meaning in terms of people not getting that excited due to how GoT ended.

Hopefully this turns out to be a gooden as well. But I highly doubt it will hold a torch to the production values that GoT set. Few will again.

Matt Smith, Emma D’Arcy and Olivia Cooke have been cast as Prince Daemon Targaryen, Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and Alicent Hightower

IMG_5296.JPG
IMG_5295.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG

Last edited:
^ Table Reads

Rhys Ifans / Otto Hightower.

2929F146-CD19-4602-8CF2-2C2E3E173F0A.jpeg

Olivia Cooke / Alicent Hightower

EE0F276B-25CF-44BA-9180-DC0DE43E5392.jpeg

Matt Smith / Prince Daemon Targaryen.

63EEFE8A-A2E4-443E-A0BD-8DBAD8E86758.jpeg

Paddy Considine / King Viserys Targaryen.

3F2DC0D7-BD70-4906-9BE7-3CE97ECEF6E4.jpeg

Steve Toussaint / The Sea Snake.

EDEFFC50-2EFA-4679-A7A5-EE016146BFBF.jpeg

Emma D’Arcy / Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen.

F6A33DD0-6DB8-43F4-BCC7-EDA2E629D9B1.jpeg

^ Table Reads

Rhys Ifans / Otto Hightower.

View attachment 1502076

Olivia Cooke / Alicent Hightower

View attachment 1502077

Matt Smith / Prince Daemon Targaryen.

View attachment 1502078

Paddy Considine / King Viserys Targaryen.

View attachment 1502079

Steve Toussaint / The Sea Snake.

View attachment 1502080

Emma D’Arcy / Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen.

View attachment 1502081

I like this casting. Except Emma D’Arcy. Doesn’t seem to fit but time will tell.

I like this casting. Except Emma D’Arcy. Doesn’t seem to fit but time will tell.
I haven’t really seen Emma in anything to make my own judgment. I expect the GOT producers liked what they saw here

I haven’t really seen Emma in anything to make my own judgment. I expect the GOT producers liked what they saw here
Absolutely. It’s simply what I’ve read online and of course that doesn’t mean she isn’t right for the part.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom