Game of the Year 2011 - Nominations

Hillskill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The plan is to get a poll running in the next few days. Lets have a day of nominations with a view to running the poll either tomorrow or early Wednesday. I was thinking maybe we all only vote on one winner (this would atleast avoid breaking the poll) and post our top 3 and some thoughts as to why in the thread.

So far (in no paricular order) the games that will be in the poll are:

Bastion
Battlefield 3
Skyrim
Bastion
The Witcher 2
Portal 2
Deus Ex
Batman AC
Dead Island
Saints Row 3
AC: Revelations
Payday: The Heist
FIFA 12
BulletStorm

Last edited:
Skyrim..needs no introduction looks great the ultimate RPG for me
Bastion..a hidden indie gem the narration is great and story fun ..easy to pick up and play
The Witcher 2 an absolutely stunningly visual game and a very hardcore RPG

It's been forgotten about because it was a while back, but Portal 2 was pretty good! A bit short, yeah, but the voice acting and mad plot were sublime.

PC only? I guess so seeing as this is the PC section but Uncharted 3 would be in my top three overall...

There will be similar threads in all the gaming forums. So the exclusives will obviously crop up in there. Indie games should definitely be considered or even perhaps give your top 3 games and your indie game of the year. As PC Gamers we should reward the hard work indie devs put in to keep this platform great.

Sounds great, look forward to seeing the List :smashin:

Does it/Do they have to be released this year of just our favourite game(s) we've loved during this year? :p

Deus Ex:HR for me. Brilliant game play IMO, its been a while since a game has sucked me in totally. I thought the game play was brilliant and had a story that really pulled you in.

BatMan AC: (should get it from Christmas, this has a reserved spot) Despite all the DX11 issues surrounding this release. I know this will be awesome based on BatMan AA.

Skyrim. Epic RPG. Nuff Said

Indie Game: Not sure, done have any yet. Hopefully I'll get Trine2. Thats looking pretty sweet from the reviews etc.

Either way, Skyrim is my GOTY without question. Not sure on the other two games or the indie game though. Will check out the list and choose from there.

Here are favourite games for this year in no particular order:

Dead Island
Saints Row 3
Portal 2
BulletStorm

Biggest let down of the year:

Crysis 2
Rage

Best Budget/Indie game of the year

Payday: The Heist

Top 3 (in no order):
BF3
Skyrim
Assassins Creed: Revelations

Batman AC is so close to that list I feel bad for leaving it out. :(

Indie:
From Dust

:thumbsup:

Does it/Do they have to be released this year of just our favourite game(s) we've loved during this year? :p

To be a fair test it should be games released this year. feel free to give special mentions in your actual voting.

Remember peeps. Just nominations in here. No need to go into great detail yet. Basically I don't want to do the poll only to have it pointed out to me I have missed a massive AAA game off the list.

Do December 2010 games count as this year?

If so, borderlands!

In order of which my brain is feeding me these A.K.A. In no particular order:

Big Boys
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Skyrim
Portal 2
Dead Island
Saints Row 3

The Kids
Payday: The Heist [Plays like L4D, or similar, excellent title]

Last edited:
Battlefield 3

My top three from how much I played them and enjoyed the most:

1) Skyrim
2) Battlefield 3
3) Crysis 2

Few games that have looked awesome that I've got but haven't had a real chance to play much yet like The Witcher 2, Batman Arkham City to name a couple.

Rage is my favourite

*gets coat*

:thumbsup:

So no Duke Nukem love.

In no order

Skyrim (even though I am fighting to not actually buy it yet, it is impressive no doubt)
DiRT3
Shift 2 (funnily enough my 1st thoughts on this one was dissapointment but was a grower for me)

The 2 racers helped in no small part by having a cracking racing wheel and pedals.

none of these however come close to my overall GOTY and the game which is keeping me from pretty much any other game right now, Gears of War 3.

Just missed out for me was F1 2011 and BF3.

1) Battlefield 3
2) Batman Arkham City
3) Dirt 3

Keep thining about buying Skyrim with all the praise for it on here but don't have the time at present.

I Cant think of a third to many to choose from :rolleyes:

1. Battlefield 3
2. Portal 2
3. ........... What ever

:)

So tough to choose as there have been so many excellent titles released this year. Positions one and two can swap depending on my mood but went for BF3 for the multiplayer longevity. I really couldn't decide which was my third favourite, they are all equally deserving.

1 - Battlefield 3
2 - Skyrim
3 - The Witcher 2, Portal 2, Deus Ex : Human Revolution

Indie title.

Minecraft

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom