• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Game Mode

Pistachio

I thought that on the panny plasmers the response time was very quick anyway, so didn't think game mode did much. But on larger LCD/LEDs, I though these TV had bigger issues with lag, so gaming mode is essential.

niall campbell

It seems to work ok on my Panasonic TV, gives a very good picture.

Game mode is supposed to speed up picture processing - the below link may be useful info ?

Game Mode - Ultra Fast Response - Superior Picture - Panasonic VIERA Experience

it doesnt speed up picture processing in the way you think

it gives a basic picture so the xbox doesnt waste time processing the picture to suit your personal taste.

it doesnt make any difference to me as my 40 + brain cant process the speed up it gives you

quarry2006

I used it once. All I noticed was high contrast and vibrant colour. I tweak all the modes until they end up looking about the same...which defeats the object of having separate modes, really!

Is there a callibration disc you can get purely for getting the optimum picture for games?

rchads89

Banned
Unless you have a delay from you pressing the button on the pad to the screen actually doing it ( input lag ) I would not bother using it. Simple reason is it takes detail out of the picture and actually gives off a worse picture!

B3anstar

Is there a callibration disc you can get purely for getting the optimum picture for games?

DVE, a proper calibrated source is a proper calibrated source, it shouldn't matter it's for games.

quarry2006 said:

There is an app on the Marketplace called TV calibration I believe (around 240-280MSP) which lets you do a very basic calibration.

I think they do a free version too so might be worth looking at though don't expect miracles!

Last edited:

bootstrapwill

Most tv modes help produce the best from film and tv, they usually do the opposite for gaming. That's why there is a game mode.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom