Game in tray picture???

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do most games show a picture when the disc is in the tray...

36721529ys3.jpg

and some dont???

12595356tb4.jpg

Its just a little thing that bugs me when i put FIFA in

I imagine the picture is saved on the game disk, therefore it would be up to the game makers to add this in.

Obviously, this is a new feature added to the NXE so older games won't have it. FIght Night R3 is an olde game I still often play, and this comes up the same as Fifa, with just a small thumbnail.

I know the game is called Fifa 09 - but usually these football games are released months before the year after which they are named. So maybe it was made before the NXE was released?

Last edited:
I imagine the picture is saved on the game disk, therefore it would be up to the game makers to add this in.

Obviously, this is a new feature added to the NXE so older games won't have it. I know it says Fifa 09 on the screenshot - but usually these football games are released months before the year after which they are named.

Even games older then fifa 09 like COD4 show a pic???

I've noticed that sometimes the picture is there and then isn't, but generally it seems the old games don't have one.

I've got 2year old games that show pictures.

I have Forza 2 and COD4, and they both show pics, so i dont think its a age thing. Maybe a tiny patch is needed, and FIFA's will come in the new big patch expected soon??

Obviously new games will already have the data on the disc.

I think if you put a game in the tray, that you have not played whilst connected to Live since the NXE update, you will not get a picture and it will just be a thumbnail image.

When you put a game in the tray when connected to Live though, if there is an image available for this game it is retrieved from Live and used for the main pic and then stored with the game data locally for the next time you use it.

So, I think ( and I am just guessing at this here ) it is all dependent on the games publisher/Microsoft having an image stored for each title that can be used on the NXE.

I find when signed in most games display the piccy... when signed out of Live the same game just shows the green screen and game name. I'm sure it's downloaded from Live... that way they can shove adverts on them for DLC!:rolleyes:

yeah pretty sure the pictures come from live. play off line and most arnt there.

Yeah, it's definitely downloaded from Live. My theory is they (MS) will have only created images for the top X number of games or something, and FIFA not being played in the US so much may have escaped their attention. Message Major N? He may have the power!

I noticed the box art for FIFA was the american one for ages, only recently has it changed to the UK Rooney & Ronaldiniho version.

Most annoying is Battlefield - MC2 is fine, yet BC never shows (even in "recently played games").

Yeah, it's definitely downloaded from Live. My theory is they (MS) will have only created images for the top X number of games or something, and FIFA not being played in the US so much may have escaped their attention. Message Major N? He may have the power!

Have a look at the current play list:

LIVE Activity for week of January 19th

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 CoD: World at War
2 Halo 3
3 Call of Duty 4
4 Gears of War 2
5 Left 4 Dead
6 GTA IV
7 Fable II
8 FIFA 09
9 Guitar Hero World Tour
10 Madden NFL 09

Fifa also took last years number 1 game across all titles. I just think it has been missed and then wont do anything for it now. EA and Micropop will just let it be.

Maybe you could send sentUAmessage a message and see what MrBongo also says.

Well, I am surprised at how high up the charts it is, but good to see. Thinking about it, I would try and get something done about it, but then they'll only go and plaster Shrek boy's face all over my TV, which I'm sure we all agree, we don't need. :D

Well, I am surprised at how high up the charts it is, but good to see. Thinking about it, I would try and get something done about it, but then they'll only go and plaster Shrek boy's face all over my TV, which I'm sure we all agree, we don't need. :D

FIFA games are routinely in the top 5/10 of game sales each year.

I call it the Chav market, every Chav has a Fifa game. I'm not saying only Chavs buy FIFA games, but every Chav has a FIFA game.

FIFA games are routinely in the top 5/10 of game sales each year.

I call it the Chav market, every Chav has a Fifa game. I'm not saying only Chavs buy FIFA games, but every Chav has a FIFA game.

Arnt they all out on street corners robbing old ladies

he never said how they have the fifa games

dont the chavs like fifa street more and PES more?

Eternal Sonata is the only game I've tried that hasn't got a picture when the disc is in and I'm connected to Live, even when it's in my 3 most recently played games it's just a blank slot.

it doesnt bother me much when theres not picture as if a game is in my DVD drive im playing it so its only there or not there while i hit a

I thought they only show when your on live? when your not connected you dont get them?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom