Game Gear Micro announced by SEGA

Garioch

Weird one this. Sega is effectively encouraging buyers to buy all four variants to cover the full catalogue of available games. Furthermore, AFAIK, buying all four game gears is the only way to get the lens to magnify the image from the minuscule 1.15" screen.

Buying all four game gears will set you back around £160 (+ exchange rate fees, shipping, tax etc.). So maybe what - £200-ish give or take, delivered to the UK?

I have the Megadrive, SNES and NES minis and this would make a nice novelty gift... but not at that price!

EZjyqKdUMAEaeAb.jpegEZkQspBWoAAMy7T.jpegEZlWwStXYAIYruD.jpegEZjygxlU0AAqFqC.jpegEZjyjLkUYAEPd90.jpeg

Click on link below to see advert:

Last edited:

tim68

was this the big announcement that was floating around some YT creators and games mags last week or does Sega have some more news to come soon ?, this seems a little underwhelming to me

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Loved my Game Gear. Accidentally left it in the back seat of our car overnight when I was a wee lad and some fudgeer smashed the window and stole it.

I can't see the point in these at all. Why would you want to play on the tiny screen like that?

Garioch

Surprised they didn't include a teenie-tiny-micro version of the TV tuner.

Sega-Game-Gear-wTv-Tuner.jpg

JabbaNut

It is odd one, Sega could of launched a £50 - £79 handheld with retro games installed and new games cartriges.

Mezuri

Standard Member
It's such a wasted opportunity! They may as well have just re-released the LCD McDonald's Happy Meal game thingies from 2003 or so.