GAME - Extended Warranty details?

C

CHRISDF

Hi

I am concerned that once my 1 year warranty runs out, my machine will get the ring of death. I have noticed that GAME are advertising an extended warranty that you can take out. Does anyone have details of this?

How much?
What do you get for your money?
Can you start this even though I have owned the console for 6 months already?
Do they offer a straight swap for a brand new machine as they do in the first year??

Thanks for all your help

Chris

I went for this yesterday. It is £23 for 1 extra year (total 2 years)and £35 for 2 extra years (total 3 years).

I think you can only do it when you first buy a console from them. I'm still waiting for the full details to come though the post.

I would be interested too, but my guess is that it only applies to new purchases.

So I don't think my 7 month old one will qualify.

Can anyone confirm?

Cheers,

Nigel

I was going to buy one of those when i got my 360 from game a few weeks ago, but the fact that you deal with an external insurance company put me off. Had it been dealing with game, and just a case of popping into a store and swapping over then I would have jumped at it. The fact is I am not sure how good the insurance party is and wouldn't want to risk it.

I Bought the warrenty. They guy told me that 90% of the time, if the console dies they will just send you a new one

I would be interested too, but my guess is that it only applies to new purchases.

So I don't think my 7 month old one will qualify.

Can anyone confirm?

Cheers,

Nigel

Game's Extended Warranty leaflet:
"We give you up to 30 days from the date of purchasing
your item to take out the insurance cover......"

once you use the warranty though,thats it finished with.
unlike microsofts,where you can get unlimited replacements/repairs for the whole duration of the warranty.

once you use the warranty though,thats it finished with.
unlike microsofts,where you can get unlimited replacements/repairs for the whole duration of the warranty.

And you dont take the console back to game you phone a 3rd party insurance company, you send send it at your cost to them, but the repair is free

I don't see the point in taking out extended warranty when you can just use sales of goods act stating it should last.

Extended warranties are just scams.

I Bought the warrenty. They guy told me that 90% of the time, if the console dies they will just send you a new one

I was told that!

Complete lie!

Only replace in first year which they (or SONY) have to do whether you have warranty or not!

Mine has broke 3 times now and they just keep sending it for repair! ( only lasted 13 days last time!)

Steer well clear!:thumbsdow

When i bought my 2nd 360 2 years ago, i took out an extra 2 year warranty as at the time of purchase, microsoft weren't repairing them for free.

4-5 weeks ago it had rrod and was freezing so rang game who sent out details as to where to send it free of charge. I did this and about 10 days later I received the repaired 360 back.

Last week, it did the same thing again which was annoying to say the least. I rang game and explained the problem and asked if i could have a new console which they refused and said if it happens again (3rd time) then i may get a new one, depending on the insurance repair reports :mad:

In hindsight, i should have just sent it to Microsoft but like i said, at time of purchase, microsoft weren't repairing them for free.

My eliete got the red rings after 15 months. I rang my local Game store they said I need to contact the people I have the warrenty with however when I rang another Game store 20 miles from me he said bring it we will check you have purchased the warrenty from our computer records and will do a straight swap which is what I did only took the console though.

I have purchased the extended warrenty again as the other one expired. I rather pay the 20 odd pounds and get a replacement there and then rather than having to wait for it to be fixed or replaced.

Not sure why this thread has been dredged up, but you now get 3 years warranty for the red ring error as stnadard from Microsoft.

As a general rule, extended warranties add nothing to your legal rights anyway, they are best only to cover accidental damage.

Last edited:
They now also cover the one red light of death i.e the E74 error, i know this as it happened to my 360 4 days ago and i'm still waiting for them to send me the shipping labels which is rather annoying but at least its getting fixed for nothing.

I got my shipping label in an email a few hours after logging the fault, just had to print it out and stick it to the box, are you sure it isn't sitting in a spam folder or something?

I went for this yesterday. It is £23 for 1 extra year (total 2 years)and £35 for 2 extra years (total 3 years).

I think you can only do it when you first buy a console from them. I'm still waiting for the full details to come though the post.

This is correct i work for game worth it imo :smashin:

I got my shipping label in an email a few hours after logging the fault, just had to print it out and stick it to the box, are you sure it isn't sitting in a spam folder or something?

Yep, its not in there, i did get an email saying that i had called up and saying that i would get the email with the labels in the next 24 hours. But the person i spoke to on the phone told me it would take up to 3 days before i would get the email, so i thought i'd give it an extra day but still no joy.
Will be calling them tomorrow with my reference number and see what the deal is.

Are you in the uk and can you pm or post the link where you give your details asap as I have till the end of this month to get mine back.:lease:

Back to OP whats the point in the extra warranty when microsoft offer 3 years any way?
Or have they stopped this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom