Game DVR, where has it gone?

TUBBST4R

Ok unless I am going mad but has Game DVR been taken off Xbox One?

Yesterday I had an epic race on Project Cars 2 after battling with the settings and trying to get the right balance for hours, didn't fair very well in practice or qualifying but nailed the race even though it started to pee down.

I wanted to use Game DVR to record the race (7 mins) and then share it but couldn't find it, I saw option to 'record from now' but only allows to set at a maximum of 2 minutes. Gutted if this feature has been taken off, could not even see it in the Store. Not sure if Upload Studio has this feature but thats a lot of button presses and menus to access before I can manually tar recording a custom clip.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Press the xbox button and then the back/view button for capture options or just X to 'record that'

To change settings press xbox button and scroll to the right, broadcast & capture then scroll down to advanced settings

TUBBST4R

Checked this option and there is no option of manually starting a recording of gameplay for us to then manually choose when to stop, best option there is under advanced settings is to record maximum of 5 minutes at 720p SDR.

There used to be a Game DVR app that would allow us to manually record gameplay of our choosing and with varied length, this app is no longer under apps or neither is it available in the store, very disappointed that this seems to of been taken away.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
You can still do that when you press Xbox Button and the Back Button for Capture Options, start recording now and then end it via the same process. You can have up to an hour if you plug in an external HDD for Media. Nothing has been taken away, if anything there is more options imo.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom