Game Cube: When and where?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by ReTrO, Dec 26, 2001.

1. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    When is the Game Cube officially released in the UK?

Anyone know of somewhere doing it cheap?

Cheers

2. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing is officla yet, but rumours suggest a APRIL/MAY release in Europe. This isn't good news considering it will be coming up against xbox with a 2 month head start.

You could always import an nstc gamecube.

3. annefromuk

annefromuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's one reason why the Europe release is being delayed to Mid 2002, as the Nintendo factory is concentrating on making the US Gamecube to supply the US demand (a lot of them go to Europe on the import market)

So its a bit of a catch 22, the longer the delay the more people will import, but the more imports there is the bigger the delay.

Anne

4. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dear Anne

let me be the first to congratulate you on a posting that had nothing to do with the XBox. :D It was nice to see and I hope there will be many more in the future. ;)

5. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220

:D :D

6. uk0912

uk0912
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I seriously doubt that importing from the states is going to have any impact on the timing of the release of the gamecube in europe. Nintendo are talking about shipping 1.3 million units to the states by march '02 so a couple of thousand units, disappearing to the import market is of little significance.

The real reason for the delay is typical Nintendo arrogance and a belief that they can still treat the market however they want and get away with it. IMO, they will come unstuck and the XBox will be number 2 in europe unless Nntendo has a change of attitude.

That said, i have already imported a lovely spice cube from japan as i am a sucker for all things nintendo. :)

7. thestorm

thestorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30

Imported consoles are better than Europeans ones.....

I read somewhere that US\Japan consoles are 10-20% faster and don't have the screen boarders cut off like the European consoles or should i say Nitendo consoles.

I remember a friends Famicom (jap SNES) was full screen and was faster compared to my Uk SNES which had the top and bottom bit cut of so i was left with 2/3 of the screen. :rolleyes:

I have my heart set on XBOX, this will bridge the gap for me until the next badass comes to town.. be it Xbox 2 or ps3.

Cya,Shaz

8. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    9th January

GameCube Euro launch...

Nintendo will next month finally reveal its plans to launch GameCube in Europe, when Euro boss David Gosen hosts an exclusive press conference at the Milia event in Cannes.

The announcement will take place on February 5th at the Palais des Festivals, with Nintendo France MD Stephen Bole co-hosting the conference. In addition, the games giant will have a major presence at the show, demonstrating the next-generation console along with key software titles such as Luigi¹s Mansion, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Eternal
    Darkness.

Third party titles including Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 Rogue Leader, FIFA 2002 and Sonic Adventure 2 will also be on show.

"GameCube has been a phenomenal success in Japan," offered Gosen. "In North America, sales have been so fast that we have had to upscale our stocks from 1.1 to 1.5 million items to meet high demand driven by the festive season."

The Milia event takes place in Cannes from February 5-8th.