1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Cube Pre Order's?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Darth Vader, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Darth Vader

Darth Vader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Now the UK Nintendo Game Cube is available for pre order, who do you recomend I secure my Game Cube with?.

I have looked on a few sites, (EB, GAME) and they all say they are the best, never fail to meet a pre order etc..... (well they would would'nt they)

I know you cannot comment on the UK GC, as it has'nt been released yet, but how did certain sites cope with the: PS 2, X-Box, etc......

Cheers.

2. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +586
    I'm going to buy a Gamecube on 3rd May, but tend to find that pre-ordering is a waste of time and then limits your options when buying (say, if you see a better deal somewhere else from where you've pre-ordered). I don't think there'll be any shortages. This pre-ordering business just seems to be part of the pre-release hype for consoles and games these days.

RDB :)

PS What games are you going to get with it? It think I'll get Luigi's Mansion and Star Wars though they're probably not the best games available. Can't resist the look of the Star Wars game and I reckon I can play Luigi with my 4 year old daughter. Oh, and Waverace cos it was so good on N64.

3. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only preorders worth bothering with are if you got one in at £149 at amazon, or took advantage of WHSmiths 10% off offer...

Wait till it has been out 24 hours and see if the Promised RGB and 60Hz support has materialised.

Oh and buy Super Monkey Ball.

4. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My experience of Amazon is not good if you want it on the day of release. Have pre-ordered a couple of times with EB and never had a problem. They tend to open at midnight too.

I have an import GC and my favourite games are Super Monkey Ball and Smash Bros Melee. Rogue Squadron looks fantastic but I didn't rate the game.

5. Darth Vader

Darth Vader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies.

I think I will take your advise and wait for the units to hit the shops until I make a purchase.

After a bit of thought I might actually wait a couple of weeks after they are launched and see how things pan out. As I had a nasty experience when the N64 came out, I payed top whack for it on the release day (£250 I think)
    only for The Big N to drop the price by £100 a few weeks later :mad: .

Be warned this could happen again!

As for the games I will buy, Star Wars is a must, even if you say the game play is a bit ropey it will serve as very nice eye candy. Luigi's Mansion also looks good, as it is a Shigsy produced game and going on his previous track record it should be pretty damn good. As for any others, the two mentioned above will suffice for the moment and I will look at other titles in the following months.