• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

GAME.co.uk and QuidCo, does it track instantly or not?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I have just pre-ordered COD World at War £39.99 at GAME and went through QuidCo for 11% cashback, which should be a £4.39 saving. I am a bit concerned as my IE crashed shortly after the order, I got a confirmation email from Game, but am not sure if these things usually track instantly on QuidCo or not. Anyone know?

I suppose I could just cancel and re-order again...

Empwan

From http://www.quidco.com/help/119

Tracking Times for your Earnings
Transactions, on average, can take from a few hours to a few days to appear in your earnings area, as quidco has to wait for them to reported back from the affiliate network. For a more specific guide, log in to your account and visit the page for the merchant that you have earnings with. There, in the right column, you will find average statistics for tracking times with that merchant.

Rowdyates

I would support what Worshed says, when I've done pre orders they haven't tracked properly and then when I've followed them up they haven't found them, this happened when I got Wii Fit, wasn't best pleased.

So I would say keep a note of when you placed the order and when the transaction was processed and when you receive it, just in case.

Cheers,

Rowdy

lovelldr

All of that happens when you get your emails (just don't delete them), plus, doesn't it tell you one order management on their website?!

foulone

I have just pre-ordered COD World at War £39.99 at GAME and went through QuidCo for 11% cashback, which should be a £4.39 saving. I am a bit concerned as my IE crashed shortly after the order, I got a confirmation email from Game, but am not sure if these things usually track instantly on QuidCo or not. Anyone know?

I suppose I could just cancel and re-order again...

And start using firefox :D

Stealth Rodeo

I've never had a problem with Quidco tracking my preorders from GAME. The last one I had was for Lego Indiana Jones. I received £2.70 cashback for a game that cost £29.99. The 11% cashback from GAME is calculated as follows:

This merchant pays cashback based on order value excluding VAT & delivery charges.

This merchant does not accept enquiries on pre-orders until they have been fulfilled and shipped. Any enquiries raised before this has occurred will be declined.

So you will receive less than £4.39 anyway... if it has tracked properly.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Mine's not tracked yet either - but I wasn't expecting it to do until the order was actually satisfied.

Even then I have my doubts what will happen as I used a £5 off voucher.

Cheers,

Nigel

stu.artd

I use IE solely for quidco orders and have never had any problems with orders or preorders tracking. I've placed numerors pre-orders this year (with and without vouchers) and every one has tracked successfully, some have now fully paid into my quidco account.

nheather

Distinguished Member
I agree I have never had any problems with IE.

I have had the odd transaction (very small %) fail to track but I'm certain that this is down to the vendor rather than IE.

The biggest problem I have with Quidco is tracked transactions failing to validate - that definitely is nothing to do with IE.

Cheers,

Nigel

menz83

Never had any problems pre-ordering games from game via quidco. Keep in mind, you will only get £3.60 cashback from a £40 game but with double reward points too, its a saving of £5.60 in total!

njdbaxter

Never had any problems pre-ordering games from game via quidco. Keep in mind, you will only get £3.60 cashback from a £40 game but with double reward points too, its a saving of £5.60 in total!

does someone want to explain quidCo, what is it? do you need to sign up etc

menz83

Just sign up for a free account and whenever you buy stuff online, do so via quidco to earn cashback. Once you start earning cashbacck, quidco will pay the money straight into your bank account or paypal. There is a yearly £5 mmbership fee but it doesnt come from your pocket, rather, once you earn £5 cashback, quidco takes it then from then on, all the money is yours!

It really works too, I got £101 paid into my bank account only last month!

MChatterley

Neither my GOW 2, Lego Batman or COD: WAW orders have tracked........my Game pre-orders have NEVER tracked and its hacking me off!

Beetlejuice

Distinguished Member
Game have changed their cashback on Quidco:

9% for Software ( for the new customers )
1.5% for Hardware

Looks like we can no longer get cashback for our Game [software] purchases as existing customers :(

CrossyX

They lost my custom now with hardly no vouchers around and now no quidco, no reason to shop there as items are cheaper elsewhere now...

Beetlejuice

Distinguished Member
They lost my custom now with hardly no vouchers around and now no quidco, no reason to shop there as items are cheaper elsewhere now...

Same here mate. Which is a shame really, they must've been getting a load of custom through Quidco, oh well!

bubs999

Same here mate. Which is a shame really, they must've been getting a load of custom through Quidco, oh well!

Game are just a rip off and have been for many years now. COD4 instore price is £49.99, yet I go opposite to Blockbuster and its £39.99 for the same version and Game won't budge. I very rarely buy anything from Game now, unless they happen to have a bargain (Which is rarely).

I use the Nectar website and accumalate points on my card and I can shop at loads of different online retailers and even eat at my local pub earning points, so much better :smashin:

Beetlejuice

Distinguished Member
Game are just a rip off and have been for many years now. COD4 instore price is £49.99, yet I go opposite to Blockbuster and its £39.99 for the same version and Game won't budge. I very rarely buy anything from Game now, unless they happen to have a bargain (Which is rarely).

Game are on rip off on the High Street, but they were good online, especially with preorders when factoring in a number of things...

Pre-order Game = £39.99
-£3.00 voucher (these come out quite often) = £36.99
- Quidco = £33.50
- Double Reward Points = £30.00 approximately

Not bad, and even better when the £5.00 vouchers are available. Although without Quidco, and the recent lack of vouchers I'm sure they will lose a lot of custom.
I tend to just buy from the Classifieds on these forums now, if you can wait a few weeks you can generally buy the game from someone for around the £25 mark - a good option if you don't need it on the day of release.

LBP.Nxe

Wait, wait... I have pre-orders with them already. Will I still get the 11% cashback, as it was at the time?

Assuming you actually went through Quidco at the time of pre-ordering then yes it will track... but only on the day they charge for and ship the game to you, ie release day (or day or so before since Game like sending early).

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom