Game Chair Recommendations, Anyone?

Molly127

Standard Member
I haven't been gaming for very long but yet have developed a profound interest for owning a decent setup. I've made quite a few updates to my PC, desk and lighting and now thinking of buying a heavy-duty chair to add to the setup. I'm 5'10 and weight 210 pounds. Although I fall under the average gamer category, I'm afraid that I'll end up buying a chair that won't fit me right. With whatever I've researched up until now, I'm thinking of going either with a DXRacer Racing Style chair or a similar model from GTRacing. I'd appreciate any guidance here :)

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
I’ve got a DX racer had it for years fantastic chair even my wife uses it working from hone. I’d chpeck out secret labs they do different chairs for different sizes you input height and weight, my brother got the Batman one recently and I was impressed with it I may get a world of Warcraft one from them.

un1eash

Distinguished Member
I've got a Secret Lab Batman Titan on pre order, hopefully be here by the end of the month.

Molly127

Standard Member
I’ve got a DX racer had it for years fantastic chair even my wife uses it working from hone. I’d chpeck out secret labs they do different chairs for different sizes you input height and weight, my brother got the Batman one recently and I was impressed with it I may get a world of Warcraft one from them.
I've got a Secret Lab Batman Titan on pre order, hopefully be here by the end of the month.
I'm almost set on a DX Racer for myself as well, thank you for your inputs. There's this one thing, however, that I'd appreciate any help with. I was comparing DX Racer features with that of Secretlab the other day and found blogs to favor Secretlab a bit. What y'all think. I bookmarked this post where they say DxRacer pulls back on some handy features (like the 4D armests, for context) despite having a costlier range of chairs on their catalogue.
The one I'm contemplating to order from DxRacer is priced at 550$ and doesn't seem to have 4D adjustable armrests. Would it make that much of difference? I'm really confused between this one and Secretlab's Omega (priced at around 70%) but looks like it packs more.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
I'm almost set on a DX Racer for myself as well, thank you for your inputs. There's this one thing, however, that I'd appreciate any help with. I was comparing DX Racer features with that of Secretlab the other day and found blogs to favor Secretlab a bit. What y'all think. I bookmarked this post where they say DxRacer pulls back on some handy features (like the 4D armests, for context) despite having a costlier range of chairs on their catalogue.
The one I'm contemplating to order from DxRacer is priced at 550$ and doesn't seem to have 4D adjustable armrests. Would it make that much of difference? I'm really confused between this one and Secretlab's Omega (priced at around 70%) but looks like it packs more.
The armrest thing is a good point, the dx racer just goes up and down and is brilliant for resting your arms on mine don’t get tired or ache in that position, my brothers secret lab has the ones that go up, in and swivel I take it that is what the 4D is, once you’ve set them to what you want I don’t think I’d bother much after that, so is it really necessary?

Broadsword

Avoid GTRacing like the plague, horrible company. I ordered a chair in November and it just never arrived despite being posted nearly immediately. The tracking showed it never leaving the factory, DHL never picked it up. They blamed DHL for this and basically spouted lies.

I had to threaten a charge back to get a refund. Bought one from GT Omega which are based in Glasgow for £30 more and it came within 3 days just in time for Xmas.

I also have a Noble Hero black edition which is an awesome piece of kit, really well made and the customs covering material is fantastic, but it is firm, took about a month to get use to it and now I find it ok. I believe Secret labs chairs are similar. The difference between the GTomega and the hero is noticeable but comfort wise maybe not so.

Stoneheart

After a long search got chair, purchased one from abroco.com from their nuclear range, I'm round 1.88cm tall and around 95kg in weight, plenty of room. The only thing would approve on would be arm padding, however small issue for me, otherwise I recommend.
Ordered online 20 December and in my home by 22nd December.

liquidsoap89

I've had a Secret Lab Titan chair for a few years now. I like it, but the cushion is very stiff. I had a numb butt for a couple days as I was getting used to it.

Overall it's pretty comfortable though, and the customizable options are nice.

kosch

I picked up a Vertagear Racing Series P-Line PL6000 for about £300 back in 2016. I'm a big guy 6"6 about 120KG. Very comfortable, nice arm rests. Been working from home since March and I am very pleased I invested in a good quality chair like this!

Simba

Distinguished Member
I have a secret lab Titan chair in grey fabric.

The cushion material is pretty good, it is stiff but comfortable and remains comfortable for hours on end... I use this as my office chair as its non fatiguing on the butt.

I would like for it to have been more supporting for my back though there is an adjustable lumbar support.

Customer service is good too.

pcaddy

I bought a new chair late last year, was very interested in the Secret Labs chairs but in the end I decided on an ergonomic office chair instead of a gaming one. I got an Anonymous Kinn Chair, very comfortable and when it gets hot in the summer it will be nice and cool.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom