GAME 10 day returns + cashback?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Now I'v been reading on here that game have changed their rules or something, that they wont give cashback but a credit note if the game is opened.

Now I currently have GRAW on order from gameplay for 39.99, but am planning to order it from hmv along with fight night 3 with a £15 discount to get them both at £65 - £32.50 each.

Now apparently hmv arn't good with delivering, i'm told to expect my orders delivered by monday or tuesday, instead of this friday (launch).

so I thought, I would buy Recon 3 from Game, and when Recon 3 arrives from HMV I could take the HMV new sealed one to GAME to get my cashback...

would that work?

cooldawn

One hell of a cheeky question but do you think they would accept a 10-day return policy on an XBOX360 Core pack? :D

Hudbox

A quick look at the website shows this. Notice the bottom part. Its hardware they will not return unsealed to my knowledge. GAME are turning into right bandits with returns policy.

In Bristol we have 3 GAME stores all within walking distance, I seen them refuse to give refunds claiming they have no cash in the till, send the customer off to another store, then serve someone and pull out notes for change!. All so the refund does'nt hurt that stores daily takings:thumbsdow

What are GAME.NET's returns policies?
Any software (with the exception of those items noted below) may be returned for refund or exchange within 10 days of the despatch date.

Merchandise must be in the original box or package with all accessories and manuals in saleable condition with proof of purchase. We reserve the right to restrict returns to unopened or defective products at our discretion.

Defective merchandise will be replaced with a like item, upon return of the defective merchandise.

We will issue a full credit via your payment method for the price of any item you return that meets the above conditions.

This does not affect your statutory rights

You can return goods to your nearest GAME Store (check our Store Locator to find your nearest GAME Store). Please note: You must return any item using the original invoice supplied with your product and have your credit or debit card used for the original purchase with you for the store to process the refund.

S

syntax error

Remember game.net returns policy is different from the store. All internet companies must offer a cash returns policy.

I was refused a refund from game about a month ago, and after a lot of arguing got nowhere. In the end I accepted a gift voucher. The game was perfect condition and returned within the 10 day limit. He said only sealed games would get a refund.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Only sealed games.lol

Is it just my local GAME that grabs a display box of the shelf and some 16 year old lad comes out the back with the book and game disc stored inside the book, then proceeds to put it in the box and expects £50 for it.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
So in response to the original question, as long as you take back a sealed copy you should have no trouble getting a refund.

S

syntax error

Indiana Jones said:
So in response to the original question, as long as you take back a sealed copy you should have no trouble getting a refund.

Yip. No problem on sealed copies returned within 10 days.

D

Deleted member 92943

Waynej said:
Only sealed games.lol

Is it just my local GAME that grabs a display box of the shelf and some 16 year old lad comes out the back with the book and game disc stored inside the book, then proceeds to put it in the box and expects £50 for it.

I heard that a number of stores allow their staff to take games home to play. These are the new ones that don't have seals on them.

So when we buy a new game for £50, chances are a member of staff has already borrowed it or a customer has already returned it within the 10 day return . It's hardly a new game then?

When i pay that much money for a game, i would like it to be sealed

Epicurus

lee_c00per said:
I heard that a number of stores allow their staff to take games home to play. These are the new ones that don't have seals on them.

So when we buy a new game for £50, chances are a member of staff has already borrowed it or a customer has already returned it within the 10 day return . It's hardly a new game then?

When i pay that much money for a game, i would like it to be sealed

Having spent a short and incredibly dull period working for one of the biggest UK retailers of electrical products you would be surprised how much stuff gets taped back up after it is returned and stuck back on the shelf, even stock returned as faulty and this includes games.

This is why for stuff like games and CDs I always buy off the internet, not just because it's cheaper but because they always come sealed properly.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
oh dear, has game gone this far downhill?

i always used to abuse that policy like there was no tomorrow, now i guess i wont be going back again. i always insisted on a sealed copy.... from any store infact. i simply will not accept an open games as theres no excuse for it. if a game has been sold it becomes second hand, even if its taken back to the store 5 mins later

D

Deleted member 92943

I am ashamed to admit this but i used to work for Currys and everyday we had tons of stuff which was returned, taped up and put back on the shelf.

It's not right.

Considering, GAME claim to be the UK's no 1 for games, and they fact they charge £50 a game, the fact that it probably won't be sealed is disgusting.

They should roll a blooby red carpet out for us buyers. GAMESTATIOn are the same although they sell retro console and offer a little more on trade ins.

I doubt many people will do that when you have the wonderful invention of Ebay, where people pay over the top prices for your crap

In East Kilbride there is a Game and a Gamestation, and Gamestation is full of idiots!! I n game they seem to know what they are talking about. And whenever i buy a game it is never sealed!!! gamestation keep all there games in sleeves in a drawer!!! and once you give your money to gamestation, regardless if you take your game home and it doesnt work, you can forget about a refund. However game seem to accept there mistekes and give you a refund

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom