1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamcube Through SVid on Toshiba 21S04B HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by TvBoy7676, Jan 24, 2002.

1. TvBoy7676

TvBoy7676
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone

I Just Bought MySelf a Japanese GameCube And Since I Knew About the GC Only working on NTSC TV's I Decided To PIck The Toshiba Up As It Says it Is NTSC Compatible And S-video Compatible.

Now The Gamcube on any other tv through composite or s-video comes out in black and white because the TV's are'nt NTSC.On the Toshiba i bought the picture is in colour when i run it through composite but when i try to run it through s-video (there are no s-video inputs so i am using an s-video to scart adaptor) the picture is black and white?? why would this be?? i have run the Gamecube on my 32" wide screen toshiba in both s-video and composite and its works fine. so why does composite play in colour but s-video is in black and white?

Any Help Would Be Appreciated!!

Thx Alex

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Make sure the Gamecube is connected to Scart 2 on your Toshiba (if there is one). Usually Scart 1 is reserved for RGB and normal composite input. If you already have it connected to Scart 2, make sure you are selecting S-Video on AV2 on your Tosh. Do this by either designating Av2 for S-Video input in the AV Setup Menu on the TV or by cycling through the AV input modes until you see a colour picture.

3. TvBoy7676

TvBoy7676
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope tryed it u can not change AV2 from Av to s-video?? and checked all the gamcube connections 2!!

Thx Alex

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Check the Scart adapter for a little switch which is sometimes used to flick between a composite signal and S-Video depending on what leads are connected to it. If your adapter has one of these switches, try putting it in the other position.

Have you still got the Toshiba manual? If so, check it to see what Scart socket allows S-Video input and how to access it. As I said before, this is usually AV2 but may also be AV3 if you have 3 Scarts. I'm familiar with Tosh televisions and you normally have to go into the TV Setup Menu and manually assign either AV2 or AV3 to accept S-Video.

If all else fails, it's entirely possible that the TV does not accept NTSC 3.58 (or pure NTSC) which is what is needed for an import Gamecube. What is the model number of the TV and what size is it? Is it a brand new model? I would expect all new TV's, especially from well known brands, to be able to accept this type of signel. The only exception would be most 14" sets but Sony models will accept it fine. I bought a 21" Wega for my Gamecube and it works a treat.

5. TvBoy7676

TvBoy7676
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the Model Number is 21S04B and its a 21inch its on the toshiba website but on the website its listed as 28inch.

I Have Tryed everything u said so i'm guessing it dose'nt support proper NTSC.

Thx Alex