Galway & Ireland - What to do?

ash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A big family with kids, and we are going to Galway in Irealnd for one week. Any ideas what we can do? And say I get one day to go to Dublin, what things should I do?

Leave the kids in the hotel, and drink. Analogy unintended, but when in Rome..........

Take the big family fishing. Lots of beautiful lakes and rivers with a good chance of not seeing anyone for miles. If you go down to Dublin then go fishing. If fishing isn't your cup of tea then go for a long walk around the waters and try and watch someone fishing.

theres loads to do in dublin. Tours start from O'connell street, visiting the guinness factory (free pint) and all the shopping places. Im sure it stops at other places but to be honest i was a little drunk by then!

If in Galway you can head out to Salthill short walk lovely beach and there is also a waterpark for the kids! Galway has lots to see & do lots of music in the streets & the craic is mighty you could also head to conemara beautiful scenery or get a boat trip to the Aran islands take a step back in time! Enjoy you're visit :thumbsup:
http://www.galway.net/

hottstuff said:
If you are going anywhere near Dublin Zoo , don't pet the tigers. :D

What an idiot that girl was.....

Try the Viking Splash Tours in Dublin. Supposed to be good fun. Basically half truck, half boat and they drive you around Dublin and then go for a sail....!

Not wanting to hijack the OP's thread here but I'm off to Cty Wexford with the family (young children) in a couple of weeks so any guidance on stuff to do on the south east coast would be appreciated as well :smashin:

uridium said:
Not wanting to hijack the OP's thread here but I'm off to Cty Wexford with the family (young children) in a couple of weeks so any guidance on stuff to do on the south east coast would be appreciated as well :smashin:

Go see where they filmed the beach scene in saving private ryan!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom