• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Gallos vs more modern kit?

seang

Hi

I have 4 Anthony Gallo ADiva Ti and a different centre speaker, the Dué.

I have not used them for a little while as my current house wasn't going to work with all my kit, but new house move imminent and planning to make the 3x5m snug lounge my main TV/cinema room.

I will be wall mounting the TV with cables hidden in the cavity. I'm thinking of doing the same with the speakers, wall mounting etc but thought I should check if the speakers I have are still considered decent.

They look good and sound good and aside from the Dué they are still sold, but the design and components are quite a few years old.

Of course, if I had unlimited funds (which I don't) I'd probably look at in wall speakers but I could sell these and upgrade to something better, only if it was noticeably better. Being discrete is important as the room isn't enormous by any stretch.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Speaker technology has not moved much over the last few years so good old speakers will still be good now. Hence as long as they are in good condition then I would continue to use them. You would need to spend a fair bit more than they originally cost to beat them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom