1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallos owners: What speaker cable are you using with your set-up?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tk2001, Jan 3, 2003.

1. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hi,

I'm currently using the cable that was supplied and I find it offers very clear and accurate sound. However, I would like to get the most out of my micro's therefore can anyone recommend an alternative speaker cable that would offer a 'noticable' improvement in sound quality?

I know uncle eric uses QED Micros for his set-up but does anyone know if using QED Silver aniversary would work well for the micro's.

BTW, is it me or does the micro's enjoy to be driven at reference levels - they sound so damm tight, clean and composed at that level.:eek:

2. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm using silver anniversary with my micros - they sound awesome even in the acoustic void of my living room. However, I haven't listened with an alternative cable so can't really comment.

If you do decide to go for silver an I highly recommend a trip here:

http://www.hifistore.co.uk/category.php?qsCat=NORSPKCAB2

Only problem with the silver ann comes if your using the gallo wall brackets the hole is just a little too small for the cable and you have to take off a tiny bit of the casing (i shaved the ends with a stanley knife).

The cable that's made the biggest difference to my set up is Ecosse's "The Executive" digital coax.

3. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Thanks wilbur.

I currently have my front left/right micros & my surround left/right micros on their flower stands. Do you know if the QED silver aniversary would fit through the stand holes?

I would really appreciate it if someone can compare the QED silver aniversary cable to the original micro cable before decide on spending over £70 on speaker cables.

BTW, are you using banana plug for your micro's

Thanks
    TK

4. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Afraid I can't comment on the wallflower stands as I'm using wall brackets...

I've got bananas hooked to the centre and spades everwhere else (bananas are too long to fit between the speaker and the wall stand).

Regards, Wilbur