Gallo's Balls

T

tyrekicker

Hi

Well there must be a shed load of new AG fans out there after the PowerBuy.

I just want to know if the forum inches are justified in raving about these little beauties.
Also I would be interested in what you are amp you are using.

As my hi-fi has just been drowned, NEVER buy a house from a DIYer.:mad:
So i am in the market for some new kit. :)

Cheers

Andy

On Saturday I popped into Hampshire Audio in Winchester and they had these set up in the demo room upstairs. I was extremely sceptical when I saw the size of these things and completely blown away when I heard them in action. They were being driven from a Linn all-in-one box so I've no idea how an ordinary amplifier would do.

Certainly the most powerful wife friendly small speakers I've ever heard. The sub is pretty neat too. A self contained cylinder of LFE joy.

Originally posted by tyrekicker
I just want to know if the forum inches are justified in raving about these little beauties.

You're not going to find out by asking the very same forum members who raved about them whether they were telling the truth.

The only way to find out is to go and listen to some yourself.

I agree with Ian J.

I have a set of these balls, and I could say once again how good I consider these balls to be. However if you want to get a true impression you really have to hear them. There are plenty of places that sell them now, and arranging a demo should not prove to difficult.

I also agree with teef2 when he says that it's hard to believe that something of that size can sound like that.

There are plenty of other threads now with opinions on these ball's, just do a search and you will find out everything that you need to know!

I think it's a fair question!

Having a demo in a room designed to bring out the best with top drawer kit is going to sound wonderful.
That is not a true representation of how the balls perform with your own kit and in your own rooms.

Hence the question, have they lived upto expections when you got them set up at home?
I would also like to find out what people are driving them with I have a blank canvas to replace my hi-fi.

As for a demo I live near Oxford, looking at the Gallo site no dealers in Oxon, Bucks, Northants.

Birmingham looks the closest.

Andy

As for a demo I live near Oxford, looking at the Gallo site no dealers in Oxon, Bucks, Northants.

Birmingham looks the closest.

Uncle Eric is just as near to you as Birmingham. see the PowerBuy forum.

Having a demo in a room designed to bring out the best with top drawer kit is going to sound wonderful.
That is not a true representation of how the balls perform with your own kit and in your own rooms.

I have to say your living room will probably sound a lot better than most of those shiny demo rooms with wooden floors.

I think it's all been said regarding the Gallos, do a search there are hundreds of posts concerning them. But go and listen to them.

as for the amp, I am using a Marantz 5300

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom