1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallo Sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by apcesquire, Oct 21, 2004.

1. apcesquire

apcesquire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm purchasing a 5.1 Gallo micro system and I'm not sure what sub to go with...

The TR1, TR2 or MPS-150?

I'm in the states and can get the TR1 for $300 US Dollars, but I'm not sure if it's an underpowered sub. Demoed the MPS-150, but no dealers close to me have the TR1 or TR2. There are obvious cost implication in going up to the TR2 or MPS, so I wanted to see what you all thought.

Most literature on the web is on the MPS, so I'm a little lost on whether the TR1 packs enough punch. Any thoughts would be much apprechiated.

Thanks...

Andrew

2. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to run a full Gallo 5.1 system using Micros and the MPS 150. I changed the MPS150 when I could afford it. While it's not a bad sub, it's certainly not a class beater and at the UK price point of about £500 I'm sure it could easily be bettered. It seems from your post that the TR range is below the MPS in terms of price and performance then I would definitely get something else, there is a hell of a lot of choice in the US. Why not try the new SVS everyone seems so hyped about? You may have to wait a while but it will absolutely murder any of the Gallo subs in terms of performance if not aesthetics.