1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallo Due Pricing

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by EvilMudge, Dec 3, 2002.

1. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how much the various options for the Due series will cost?

I'm seriously interested in a set, but need to know how much and in what quantities they're available. Also will there be anything like those funky flower stalk stands (for the Micros) available?

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Gallo UK seem to be slow off the mark with the Due speakers, their web site still hasn't been updated. I wonder if there is a problem?

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I don't think that they are on sale yet but uncle eric is the man to ask.

4. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    EM,
    The initial pricing for the Due's was to be £600 each. After reaching an agreement with Gallo USA, Gallo UK managed to secure a price of £500. I am currently in talks (no promises yet) with Mr Baxter (MD of Gallo UK) to allow us a power-buy on the Due's in order that we can push the price a little further downwards. Also worth noting is that each Due comes with their own rather nice table stand and wall bracket (a free choice if you will). A similar stand to the NM's Wall flower is also available at extra cost. Because of the increased weight of the Due over the NM, the stand will be oval in shape rather than circular and like the normal wallflower stand, will be hollow inside to allow for speaker cable to be pushed through to the top where the speaker would be located.
    The Due (and its stands) comes in three colours, Black, White, or Silver. These are in a "powder" coated finish as opposed to Gloss or Matt for the Nucleus Micro's.
    All are magnetically shielded.

Attached Files:

5. kwijibo

kwijibo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Isn't that a telephone??:D :D :D

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Evil,

I don't know whether you have actually heard them but I have and they are rather good.

7. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    errr they would want to be for that money :eek: :eek:

8. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, haven't heard them, as no-one I know has them to demo - though the Micros are IMHO pretty good. I was hoping the Due's would iron out the frequency response problems the Micros have.

Big Al, I can think of quite a few £500 each speakers that are inferior in some ways to less expensive models though usually this is because they are in the same range and one is the largest standmount and the more expensive is a floorstander.

Oh, and thank you Eric, a power buy might just be what I'm looking for!

9. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes evil I have a set of Quads that sort of prove that quite well :)

10. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    :D :D :D

classy kit

11. Doomlord_uk

Doomlord_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +253
    I've auditioned the Micros twice now (still waiting for a third audition alongside the Dues, this time set up properly!) and I have to say they would be awesome as surround-sound speakers. Their downfall lies in the absence of any bass output and a not very extended treble response. Hopefully the Dues will solve the treble response problem and add some useful bass, at least down to 80Hz... Although matching them to other makes of speakers would be difficult, I should imagine, these would make superb surround speakers, especially with the 330 degree dispersion of that tweeter. I would contend that a sub would be mandatory with these speakers. A powerbuy would be quite welcome, though my local hifi retailer won't thank me!

12. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a sub is mandatory with any sat/sub combo... surely that's the point. the micros aren't designed to do bass that's what the glorious MPS-150 sub does. can't hear any problems with the treble response from the Micros unless you're bat of course!!:D
    As for the Dues from what I can see they are essentially two Micros sandwiching a tweeter so I can't see you getting any more bass from them.

13. perrdl

perrdl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with James45.

You really have to run the Micro's with a sub, as they were not designed to be run any other way. The MPS-150 is a fantastic piece of kit and really complements the Micros.

Also an interesting point about the Dues, I'm not sure how any extra bass could be produced, as surely they are just two Micro's and a tweeter (Well that what they look like anyway!)

I would be interested to hear the difference in sound quality though.

14. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    The Micros are rated at 80Hz, the Due 60Hz, I would guess that the Due speakers can go down an extra 20Hz because each driver has less work to do.

Jeff

15. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Within the dispersion pattern of the two balls, and assuming they're in phase, the Due's should be close to 3dB up on the Micros at any given point on the low frequency scale.
    The only thing that worries me is that they are of the d'Appolito (spelling anyone) configuration, which has interesting dispersion characteristics.
    Also for me at least, the Micros didn't have the best off axis response at high frequencies, but that's a function of their design. For what they are, they are extremely impressive.

16. Doomlord_uk

Doomlord_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +253
    Yeah, a sub would be essential!!! lol - I was rather stating the obvious there :)

I think Gallo's bass rolloff figures are rather optimistic. I'd guess the Nucleus's were rolling off substantially by 100Hz. OK I was listening in free space, but that's still a heck of a high cut-off... I'd guess that the Due's would give better bass because you now have two 3" drivers - ie double the radiating area and less compression for a given (low-freq) spl level. Can only be a good thing.

So ppl rate the MPS-150?? I'll have to check that out then...

NB for those that are interested and want to wait (or have to) Ken Kessler is currently reviewing a pair of Dues. I'm always interested in KK's opinions and always enjoy his writing.

17. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well according to AG website the Dues only go down to 80Hz same as the Micros, has anyone else heard these yet or could point my in the direction of some US reviews.

As I haven't bought a back three yet I am seriously tempted to buy some Dues for up front and relegate my beloved Micros to rear duties. damn you all and your costly upgraditis.:D

18. helenj

helenj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have listened to the Dué's and they produce a more rounded, richer sound than the micros. They certainly appeared to generate more bass. I listened to them as fronts, with micros as surrounds, as well as in stereo mode. They are making me think again about going to all micros.... but that cost for 3 dué's..... :-(

19. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know... ouch!! I may head to Bristol next week and have a listen to them.