1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gale 3010s

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by garnerdarren, Jul 24, 2005.

1. garnerdarren

garnerdarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can any one give me a clue. I got a pair of gale 3010s free with a teac CRL600, i currently have the system running with a pair of old mission 760 SE's, and it does sound good. I have also tried the little gales but there is no bottom end. The question is will these speakers mellow or are they intended to be used with a sub. The mid to upper end is fantastic, very bright indeed. Thanks DG

2. Mandel

Mandel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use Gales, but not that model. I think the 3010s are really intended as surround speakers, the specs say flat down to 90Hz only. So yeah, you are going to be wanting a sub with them I think.

Still you can't argue with a freebie!

3. garnerdarren

garnerdarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cherrs for the reply. I did have a play with them this eve, they have been on the TV amp for the last couple of week, the have warmed a little but as you say with out a sub, they're not going to make it. I am trying to stay of the sub thing, i think i shall just save for a larger pair of gales, the mid to high sounds so crisp. And true for free, it's fair enough!
    DG

4. Mandel

Mandel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pair of Gale 3020s as the fronts on my main system: http://gale.co.uk/3020.html. These are rated down to 55Hz rather than 90Hz :) I agree about the crispness of them, some people seem to think the Gales are a bit cold but I like a clear, flat sound.

Hopefully one day I'll have the money for the big daddies:
    http://gale.co.uk/3040.html :thumbsup:

5. garnerdarren

garnerdarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was at richer sounds last Sunday with a work mate, while i was there the same guy served him as served me, a month before. He asked me how i was getting on with my set up, I said fine but those little gales could not quite do the job. He said box the up bring them back, give me a tenner and you can take a pair of siver monitors. They sound great and not bad for a part freebie. The still need to run in and mellow a little. But nice crisp clean not over bassie ( or bassy) , I run my system more or less flat any way and like yourself like the cleaner sound.