Gale 3010's V's Kef Eggs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mad.dog, Aug 7, 2006.

1. mad.dog

mad.dog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I've just been offered three Kef Eggs in return for selling some a load of stuff on e-bay for a mate.

I don't know the first thing about them to be honest, except they are about 2 years old. I've done a search here and they look to be good speakers for the size.

I have a feeling that this will be a no-brainer but will they perform better than my Gale 3010's that I am currently using as my rears? I'm sure they will look a lot neater too!

A quick look on Richer Sounds also shows that my Eltax Symphony Centre speaker is now only worth £15!!! (Scary as I don't remember paying that little for it) So I'm guessing that using the 3rd egg as my centre will see a vast improvement?

2. narcoticsuite

narcoticsuite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Using the three eggs on their own will leave you seriously light on bass. They are not full range speakers and are designed to be used with a subwoofer. If you haven't got a sub or don't want to get one then stick with what you've got as they are at least full range speakers.

3. mad.dog

mad.dog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I have got a sub (from here) and some additional front speakers, they will only be used for the rears and centre