Gale 3010's V's Kef Eggs

mad.dog

I've just been offered three Kef Eggs in return for selling some a load of stuff on e-bay for a mate.

I don't know the first thing about them to be honest, except they are about 2 years old. I've done a search here and they look to be good speakers for the size.

I have a feeling that this will be a no-brainer but will they perform better than my Gale 3010's that I am currently using as my rears? I'm sure they will look a lot neater too!

A quick look on Richer Sounds also shows that my Eltax Symphony Centre speaker is now only worth £15!!! (Scary as I don't remember paying that little for it) So I'm guessing that using the 3rd egg as my centre will see a vast improvement?

narcoticsuite

Using the three eggs on their own will leave you seriously light on bass. They are not full range speakers and are designed to be used with a subwoofer. If you haven't got a sub or don't want to get one then stick with what you've got as they are at least full range speakers.

mad.dog

I have got a sub (from here) and some additional front speakers, they will only be used for the rears and centre

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom