Galaxy s8 led issue

psalliss

Established Member
Reaction score
Weird issue with the led. Got my phone replaced today as the led stopped working. Got it all setup with no issues with the led but it has stopped working again after charging. Surely can't be a second led failing and more like software. But for the life of me can't suss i. Has anyone experience same issues. I'm wondering if it is the update that's installed part way through setting up.

If they came from the same place, in fact factoring in "sods law" there may well be a faulty batch mate.

I can't see it surely. The first was from carphone warehouse online and the replacement from a store. I'm thinking it's a software issue as the led was definatly working when I turned it on as did several tests with texts and emails. The phone then did a software update partway through restoring the phone to previous setup and then stopped working

Done a full factory reset with nothing on and led doesn't work at all. Looks like hardware fault

Done a full factory reset with nothing on and led doesn't work at all. Looks like hardware fault
Ooooft.... No luck mate!

Nope. It's weird as seems really unlikely to have got two handsets with a fault. I've sent Samsung an email so will see what they say. It's a shame as putting me off the phone enough to consider giving back and getting the lg g6

Try *#0*# from your phone dialer , it works for the s7 and puts you into a diagnostic menu , not sure if it will work for the s8 though ....

Prove the led works in hardware , I'm assuming that you mean the notification led ?

Last edited:
Got a third handset yesterday and didn't install the software update and led is working fine. I also bought a new surge protector and stopped plug sockets over at the wall due to someone suggesting that. (Not likely really). I personally think it's the software update That caused the issue. Spoke to Samsung who weren't overall useful. But at present all sorted and working fine. I suspect the next update samsung release the led would have started working again but for now I'm not installing the latest update. Thanks for all your help

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom