Wanted Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Lethagized, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Lethagized

Lethagized

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I want a galaxy S2 for my dad. Must be unlocked and have no network branding.

Price and currency: 90

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  2. lee667

lee667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +601
    I have one for sale in white and unlocked (has orange branding on it though). Very good condition as had it in a silicone protector and kept in my locker at work. Was looking for £90 inc insured postage (royal mail special delivery for next day as I can post Monday morning so you'd have it Tuesday). posted some pics below :)

It is rooted but running android 4.1.2. Due to it being rooted it won't update via kies but I don't think they will be releasing any new android updates for it anyway due to it's age.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  3. lee667

lee667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +601
    forgot to add, if you want it back to stock then I can unroot it for you. Only rooted it to get rid of some of the bloatware that they put on there.

4. Lethagized

Lethagized

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello lee. Has it got orange branding embedded in the software? Has it got the box, usb, charger, headphones etc?

5. lee667

lee667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +601
    Hi mate, comes with the box, headphones, and usb/charger. The usb cable goes into the plug for charging. With regards to orange branding, think the only things are an orange app for logging in to an account and small orange logo on the back panel which can be replaced, no micro sd card though. Can't remember if it says orange when it fires up but can check later as just out at the moment.

Don't mind knocking a fiver off the price if you need a micro sd card.

6. Lethagized

Lethagized

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks lee, but after doing further reading about network branding on these phones, i would like a vanilla samsung OS. I know they can be debranded but i don't want to have to mess about flashing and stuff, so i'll have to decline your offer.

7. lee667

lee667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +601
    Hi mate, I don't mind flashing a vanilla one for you. I did that myself before but if you plug it into kies and there is a new version available for a network then it would install that if you let it. Saying that though I think 4.1.2 will be the last one for the s2

8. Lethagized

Lethagized

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well, if you could flash it to the stock samsung operating system without any of the orange branding and it works on any network, then i would be interested. Could you do that for me?

9. Lethagized

Lethagized

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    BUMP. Still looking. Looks like the fella offering the white one has sold elsewhere

10. fresh87

fresh87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hello,

I have a completely unlocked and unbranded S2 available, currently running CyanogenMod but I'm happy to flash samsung software, although it's far inferior to the stock android feel the CyanogenMod rom gives you.

The phone has some wear on the top two corners, but is in good condition as I've had it from brand new from around 2 and a half years ago. I have all the original box and contents and it been living in an android slip case most of its life.

Would price it at £90

Let me know what you think

11. Lethagized

Lethagized

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks mate, but i've sourced one elsewhere. Wish i would have looked here first now. Doh!