Galaxy S2 cracked internally, Samsung won't repair?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by desigamer, Sep 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. desigamer

desigamer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Long story, short: The screen below the Gorilla Glass on my S2 literally cracked overnight, sitting on my desk. I know for a fact that it didn't move or fall and the room I was sleeping in was locked overnight. I contacted Samsung's third party repair centre and they requested money to have it repaired, essentially insinuating that I have dropped it somewhere.

I wanted to get some advice as to how it may be possible to get an independent report and also any tips on getting them to budge. A person on youtube had a similar issue with their Galaxy S and Samsung eventually repaired his phone after numerous negative, public tweets. Thanks

2. kBm

kBm
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    How old is the phone? I assume its beyond the 12 month warranty.

I thought any 3rd party repair centre had to have authorisation from Samsung to go ahead with repairs if they (ie Samsung) are paying for the repairs. Otherwise, they can charge a fee, rightly so.

Have you contact Samsung?

Its worth having a read here about SOGA via Moneysavingexpert. Gives you a clear understanding if you have a claim that the manufacture should foot the bill.

3. desigamer

desigamer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The phone was bought in December and the fault developed after 5 months. I contacted Samsung who arranged to send it to their repair centre. They simply sent it back asking for money to repair - something which I imagine they often do. It's just not possible to blame it on accidental damage when the phone has no signs of damage at all externally. I know I could try soga, but I'd prefer Samsung to repair it than the website I purchased the mobile from.

Does anybody have any experience?

4. kBm

kBm
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    I see - the repair shop assessed the damaged and concluded it was your fault, not the phone.

You could ask for the phone back and try and different Samsung repair centre? I would get back on the phone to samsung, using SOGA, saying there should be no cost for the repairs.

5. bairdyboy1980

bairdyboy1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    This happened to my mate's S3. It just cracked on it own.

Gorilla glass can stand upto point stress's. The moment you flex it though- it cracks. Not ideal!

I am afraid there isnt much you can do as to them it looks like you have dropped it. But obviously you havnt, how do you prove that?