Galaxy note no longer making calls or texts?

flightphoto

Hi guys,

I've had my Galaxy note from new since August (still under warranty through CEX)
Over the last few days the phone has been acting weird, at first I could make calls and text messages but apparently it had an echo effect on the other end when ever I made a call. Now since yesterday, the phone will not call out or receive any messages / send them. If I attempt to call, it immediately ends the call even though I have 5 bars of signal. I've reset the phone twice and tried using another network i.e. Orange to see if it's a network issue but no luck!
I did upgrade to 4.1.2 just over a week ago but can't understand why a firmware issue would take that long to cause issue etc!
The phone is a Vodafone handset :thumbsup:

flightphoto

After a call to Samsung, there's still no fix, looks like it's an international thing so I would suggest refraining from updating to 4.1.2 until a fix is issued, from other users experience, it works fine for a few days and then voila, no connection to network provider and thus not making calls / texts / mobile internet :(
Unfortunately I bought the phone new from CEX and they will either replace with another Note (but they don't have any in stock) and they will only give a refund to the CURRENT value of the phone (they reckon £150 of which I paid £350 new) very very poor show :(

bash

Why not upgrade to vanilla Android? Pure 4.2.2 with no touchwiz, its a custom rom called Supernexus 2.0. Will basically transform your note into a Nexus 4.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom