Galage - Biggest pile of garbage in the history of mankind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! What the H3LL is this? Galaga?! :mad: I downloaded the demo and its outrageously abosolutly [email protected]! I have played far better games like this on the C64! There was a particular one on the C64 called Armalyte which was awesome!!

Also I played a similar game to this Galaga on the Mega Drive which allowed you to actually move around, collect awesome power ups etc and I tell you what I would like to purchase something like that but not this Galage nonsense!!

Sorry but this game is a minus 1million! :thumbsdow

Edit: Just noticed I spelt the name of the game wrong in the title...

Batch

Novice Member
I know it's a bit basic (I've still got Armalyte on my Amiga and played it yesterday), but it's a classic! The levels aren't varied much, and yes there are no powerups - although i'm still getting enjoyment out of it after all of these years, it's still a challenge on the higher stages (30+)!

I want Armalyte :( This Galaga is beyond basic I mean it looks like a rip of off - forgot the name of that game! (soz whats that classic shooter with the thing that moves side to side with the aliens above slowly moving down?)

Shaunio

Novice Member
SuperSaiyan4 said:
I want Armalyte :( This Galaga is beyond basic I mean it looks like a rip of off - forgot the name of that game! (soz whats that classic shooter with the thing that moves side to side with the aliens above slowly moving down?)

That'd be Space Invaders

PrivatePile76

Novice Member
SS4 wot a suprise......it's not supposed to be **** hot innovative.....blow you away....

it's for us oldies to wipe a tear and a bring back some memories....

just keep your comments to yourself in future I'm sick of seeing your fukkin moanin on this forum about anything and everything.....

get in the PS3 forum and do some moaning in there

rmount76 said:
SS4 wot a suprise......it's not supposed to be **** hot innovative.....blow you away....

it's for us oldies to wipe a tear and a bring back some memories....

just keep your comments to yourself in future I'm sick of seeing your fukkin moanin on this forum about anything and everything.....

get in the PS3 forum and do some moaning in there
Oldies eh? And what do you think playing on the C64 means emm? I have even played on the Spectrum! So dont YOU start having a go at me!

I have played many games that I would deem to be worth playing again for old time sake such as the game I mentioned along with SF, MK, Sonic, Streets Of Rage, Road Rash, Golden Axe and many more but this Galaga is abosolutly horrid! :thumbsdow

Shaunio

Novice Member
The thing is SS4 is that like rmount says, this is a real nostalgia trip for those of us that used to play it in the arcades.

The game came out in 1981, the year before you were born mate, so you missed out on the simpler arcade pleasures like this ;)

Shaunio said:
The thing is SS4 is that like rmount says, this is a real nostalgia trip for those of us that used to play it in the arcades.

The game came out in 1981, the year before you were born mate, so you missed out on the simpler arcade pleasures like this ;)
Actually I was born in 1981 :rolleyes:

bishman

SuperSaiyan4 said:
OMG! What the H3LL is this? Galaga?! :mad: I downloaded the demo and its outrageously abosolutly [email protected]! I have played far better games like this on the C64! There was a particular one on the C64 called Armalyte which was awesome!!

Also I played a similar game to this Galaga on the Mega Drive which allowed you to actually move around, collect awesome power ups etc and I tell you what I would like to purchase something like that but not this Galage nonsense!!

Sorry but this game is a minus 1million! :thumbsdow

Edit: Just noticed I spelt the name of the game wrong in the title...
I told you you wouldn't like it, I don't really know why you bother. You know it's not a new game don't you? It's from 1981 when times were simpler.

Just out of interest, how old are you? It seems you slag off all the old games, so I'm assuming you didn't play them in your youth.

PrivatePile76

Novice Member
c64.......yeah i had one of them........was 14 by then though...

wot about the c64's younger brother......

VIC20 !!!!

look for gods sake if you ain't got anything constructive to say then shut the hell up....

yeah fair enough you go on about everyones got their right to their opinions.....blah blah......but there not opinions.....it's just miserable shiite comin from your keyboard..

don't you think people are gettin sick of readin your posts that get barged into the decent stuff......

?????????????????????

:lease: :spam: :lease: :spam: :lease: :spam: :lease: :spam: :lease: :spam:

2scoops

Novice Member
Galaga is a classic but yes it is basic like most space invaders games, it originally came out in 1981 - so the graphics are going to be a bit limited. The game play is awesome through and very addictive. A lot of the appeal of retro gaming is whether you enjoyed/played them as a kid, todays youth grew up on street fighter and mortal combat, i grew up with stuff like Galaga and Atari ping pong, crap graphics but still great, simple and addictive games.

Well worth 400 points IMHO

This is a forum and its MY opinion I am sure there others out there that feel the same way but perhaps not like to mention it - but this is a forum and I will mention it thank you very much.

I dont slag off all the old games, bothered reading my post above? I love the classic/retro games but this Galage is grrrrrrrr rubbish! :mad:

....OMG NOOOOO!!!! The damn pic is on my gamercard! get it off! get it off!! :(

2scoops said:
Galaga is a classic but yes it is basic like most space invaders games, it originally came out in 1981 - so the graphics are going to be a bit limited. The game play is awesome through and very addictive. A lot of the appeal of retro gaming is whether you enjoyed/played them as a kid, todays youth grew up on street fighter and mortal combat, i grew up with stuff like Galaga and Atari ping pong, crap graphics but still great, simple and addictive games.

Well worth 400 points IMHO
I dont care about the visuals its not about that with retro games, the gameplay in this case is DIRE!

PrivatePile76

Novice Member
I'm not even gonna bother now.....you like starting arguments don't ya....

that's the last time I bother to reply to anything you say, because it's a waste of my now, precious time....

bishman

SuperSaiyan4 said:
I dont care about the visuals its not about that with retro games, the gameplay in this case is DIRE!
Now I know you're crazy.
What did you think of Robotron by the way?

j_s

I think we need a special 360 forum for SS4 to moan in :rotfl:
J/k mate ;)

I now remember playing Galaga in my younger years (i'm 28 now). I didn't really like it then and I feel the same way now to be honest. I grew up with Ikari Warriors on the NES and Mario etc, although I did have a C64 with the likes of Manic Miner etc. The best gaming I ever had though was on the Megadrive and SNES - Sonic, Mario, Super Contra, Strider, Herzog Zwei, Crude Brothers, Golden Axe, Mario Kart, Thundeforce series (awesome awesome shootemups :thumbsup: ) , the list just goes on and on. What really made it great back then was a very good mate of mine was into the same games etc, now I have to rely on Live which is no bad thing but it isn't quite the same as a 2 player game with your best mate.
I really hope to be able to play all those games again at some point without the use of a PC emulator and i'll have to try and get in touch with my mate again.

Sorry a nostalaga trip there.

SS4, it does appear you do get very negative about games, it's not that you simply say the game isn't for you, you have to beat it into the ground until there's nothing left :devil:

dodger747

Novice Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom