Gainward GeForce GTX 680 Phantom 4096MB

rainbow dash

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the mentioned gfx card for my pc. I've got a 1920x1200 res monitor, an i5 2550k 3.40Ghz CPU and 8gb of corsair 2133MHz ram. What fps would I see with the current DX11 games on average? BF3 on maxed settings for instance.

Not worth the extra cost for the res you're gaming at really.

I'd imagine the 2GB card would be more than capable and save you £150 or whatever the standard 680 costs.

Ah, true. But do you think it's a worthwhile investment if I ever plan to get another monitor in the future?

There's the 3072Mb Phantom too. Quite cheaper.

Lol, my whole gaming PC cost less than this one card.

Didn't somebody on here buy the Asus Mars II at around a grand?
Boltlock :)

His upgrade path has been something like 5970 to Asus ARES to 6990 to Asus Mars II to 7970 (2?)

Boltock must be an accountant.......

And he's obviously very good at embezzling.. I mean.. Good with numbers!

yea you will never see Boltock in a help thread saying "i want a pc gaming system to run everything maxed with good frames and my budget is £100" even less :rotfl:

People just want top end gear for a reason:cool:, it is hard to explane this to the bang for buck crowd that upgrade more often and spend more in the long run, but each to there own though as that's why there is mid and low gear out there,but normally they evolve in the end.
if not there the ones wondering around cash generator for a new pc :D

Boltock must be an accountant.......

And he's obviously very good at embezzling.. I mean.. Good with numbers!

I'm afraid it's nothing quite that exotic mate, I just draw a little. ;)

I'm afraid it's nothing quite that exotic mate, I just draw a little. ;)

You play Drawsome for a job?

Amazeballs mate! TEACH ME!!

Yeah I've seen that, how come what they do on the pad is never what's actually on the screen lol!!! :laugh:

I make it blatantly obvious what I draw.... For example, if I choose a word that has anything to do with animals, I draw 2 blobs, one larger than the other (head, body), a tail and 4 legs.

I then write the animal noise inside the large blob E.G. Moo, Woof, Meow..

:laugh:

Not played Drawsome in a while though... I should go back to it and annoy people with my half-arsed stick-men and generic animals!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom